Anybody know -

cake4tea

Jan 22, 2014
Does anybody know of anywhere in Birmingham that does good home care. Particularly stoma pouch changes on a regular basis. Don't fancy SS as it seems they are so unreliable. I have looked on CQC website and many others but recommendation is best if possible

Mr Tiredout

Apr 28, 2018
Birmingham Forward Carers will give you advicehttp://forwardcarers.org.uk/local-services/birmingham/ . They are based at a cafe in Boldmere but are online. There is a crew called Jubilee citizens Uk 0121 362 3662 Boldmere. You can get info about them or Forward carers online or from Age Uk in Birmingham. Neither of these are of use if you are not a family carer but instead pay someone. Age Uk emailed me a list of in home carers but wouldn't recommend anyone -it's five pages long. A neighbour recommended HomeInstead Senior Care 0121 323 4200. I haven't contacted them so don't know. I did contact a group called Countrycousins who do 24/7 care for £800 per wk but that is not what I want ... and seems not you too. I engaged a carer privately years ago and have now taken on her daughter in law and a neigbours daughter ... they have to do a 'self catheterisation' proceedure. ... the care costs rise. Good luck. (what area of birmingham by the way? I have info for various)

cake4tea

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham Forward Carers will give you advicehttp://forwardcarers.org.uk/local-services/birmingham/ . They are based at a cafe in Boldmere but are online. There is a crew called Jubilee citizens Uk 0121 362 3662 Boldmere. You can get info about them or Forward carers online or from Age Uk in Birmingham. Neither of these are of use if you are not a family carer but instead pay someone. Age Uk emailed me a list of in home carers but wouldn't recommend anyone -it's five pages long. A neighbour recommended HomeInstead Senior Care 0121 323 4200. I haven't contacted them so don't know. I did contact a group called Countrycousins who do 24/7 care for £800 per wk but that is not what I want ... and seems not you too. I engaged a carer privately years ago and have now taken on her daughter in law and a neigbours daughter ... they have to do a 'self catheterisation' proceedure. ... the care costs rise. Good luck. (what area of birmingham by the way? I have info for various)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielf1