I’m so angry!!!

Natashat

Jul 26, 2017
Sorry I just need to vent here. My nan (who I care for) along with my mum we have kept her from being in a home for years we have always struggled but said we wanna keep her at home no matter how hard it is for us. My nan has dementia undiagnosed due yonher refusing a CT scan but her docs have said it’s dementia along with diabetes. Sometimes I have to drag my babies from bed under 2 year old due to my nans sugar being low. Me and my mum have gave up our lives for my nan for nearly 18 years now but we sail on due to her being at home and happy. She has a social worker cause we have carers 3 times a day. Today the carers notes said all day she didn’t feel like eating. My mum went in 7pm to check her sugar levels like she does every night and they were low. Nan refusing to eat so Mum called a ambulance not had to do that in a while. They said they were taking her in even tho nan refused they said they would get police and doc to section her cause her temp was low. We let them know this is normal and it will go up once sugar goes up they didn’t care ambulance lady was really rude she made my mum leave the house my mum who keeps my nan alive like me!! On the way out I said she won’t be home tonight will she she said not until social services are involved. I said they already are she said well they will be more involved now. I’m so upset she spoke to us like this and treated us like bad people due to us trying to keep nan from going to hospital as she was really upset. She even said mr and my mum couldn’t go in the ambulance due to our attitude even tho it was her being rude. Now they have took her to hospital. My nan would have been dead only for the amount of times mr and my mum have found her with low blood sugar levels

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Natashat
I'm sorry to read of your poor nan's situation and hope she is well cared for in the hospital
It's good TP is here for you to vent your frustrations
I hope you all manage to have a quiet night and get some sleep for tomorrow

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
How awful. Get some rest while your nan gets some help. Hope things will be much better for you tomorrow. x

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
How upsetting for you all. I know its easy to say but get angry have a cry and vent on here then maybe possibly a slight chance things will seem manageable after a sleep, please try

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi @Natashat
I’m so sorry to hear about what happened tonight and can understand why you are so angry on both your own and your mums’s behalf :mad:
I hope it has helped at least a bit to have been able to vent on here. I also hope you can get some rest tonight as it sounds as though you’ll have a busy day tomorrow.
All the best to you, your mum and Nan
Lindy xx

Last edited: