Legs seem to be going

john1939

Sep 21, 2017
Newtownabbey
Hello all, today I took my wife to a shopping centre for a short visit. She seems to have difficulty walking now, just shuffles along, but the disturbing development was that she collapsed after walking about 100 metres.
She did not faint or pass out but seemed to have no control over her legs. This has happened before. Another symptom of the Alzheimers progression?
Regards to all.

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Hello all, today I took my wife to a shopping centre for a short visit. She seems to have difficulty walking now, just shuffles along, but the disturbing development was that she collapsed after walking about 100 metres.
She did not faint or pass out but seemed to have no control over her legs. This has happened before. Another symptom of the Alzheimers progression?
Regards to all.
So sorry to hear that I agree with Karaokepete run it by the GP ....my oh loses balance and stumbles sometimes ...I’ve found it usually happens when he’s distracted and especially on our little walk to the village shop with traffic and people around. Not much help really......take care ...A

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
My husband did it for the first time a couple of days ago. His legs seemed to turn to jelly. I thought it was because it was so hot and he was tired after a walk.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The same thing happened to mum. She came and stayed with me and I was quite shocked that she could not walk to the end of the road.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Although my mother is a walking machine, on two occasions in the last two weeks while out, her legs have just given way and down she goes very slowly. Fortunately happened outside and people rushed to help me support her. Blood pressure has been checked.

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Yes iv had had this with mum she will start by her legs just trying to move but as if her feet are stuck to the floor, then her legs go like jelly and she will say don’t let me fall don’t let me fall then ask to sit down.
Very Strange’s because she’s always been good on her feet