hi

Janie M

Jun 12, 2018
Hi. Hope this is the right place for introductions and to chat! So, husband was diagnosed just over a year ago, but it’s something that I think we all know way, way before. Didn’t realise how lonely you can feel, don’t think people really know what it’s like until you go through it yourself.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Janie M
this is exactly the right place for introductions - so, welcome to TP which is a supportive and knowledgeable community - now you are amongst folk who understand and sympathise
whatever is on your mind at any time, just write it all out and members will respond - and for light hearted chat, have a look in the tearoom

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Hello, @Janie M, welcome to Talking Point. Yes, it is an odd feeling of loneliness, isn’t it? Your loved one is with you, but not really there. This forum was a godsend to me at that point. I didn’t feel like I was spending the evenings alone, because I could communicate with people here. I hope you find it is the same for you. So many of us are in the same position and it can help so much to be able to ask questions, or have a moan, or share fears and know that whoever answers really does understand what you are going through.

Janie M

Jun 12, 2018
Hello, @Janie M, welcome to Talking Point. Yes, it is an odd feeling of loneliness, isn’t it? Your loved one is with you, but not really there. This forum was a godsend to me at that point. I didn’t feel like I was spending the evenings alone, because I could communicate with people here. I hope you find it is the same for you. So many of us are in the same position and it can help so much to be able to ask questions, or have a moan, or share fears and know that whoever answers really does understand what you are going through.

Janie M

Jun 12, 2018
To have a moan....well meaning in laws mutter those words ....if there’s anything I can do... and after the initial few visits, never see again for months on end. I’ve found need consistency, and to be honest get bloody angry when they think Alzheimer’s is just being a bit forgetful. Rant over !

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
To have a moan....well meaning in laws mutter those words ....if there’s anything I can do... and after the initial few visits, never see again for months on end. I’ve found need consistency, and to be honest get bloody angry when they think Alzheimer’s is just being a bit forgetful. Rant over !
Ooh, that one drives me nutty. ‘Oh, I’m always forgetting names’. Really? And do you pee all over the place at night too? Or get frightened crossing the road? Or forget who your wife is?
Ooh, yes. This is the place to have a rant!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T