Mum died last night

netsy22

Oct 31, 2015
Mum was taken into hospital from the care home yesterday afternoon and she died at 9.35pm. My brother and myself were with her, he got here just in time. They have all gone now and I am in pieces. I moaned so much about having to look after her that I lost sight of what she meant to us all. She tried so hard to cling on to what bits of her life she could control. She went rapidly downhill since Christmas and died of billiary sepsis, but was not in much pain and was peaceful at the end.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Sad news Netsy. Hope you can find the strength to get through all this and find those memories that are important to you and hopefully make you smile.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
so sorry, @netsy22
it's good that your brother reached you both in time
however much we know this is around the corner, it's always a shock
I hope it's comforting that your mum was peaceful and you were all together

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm so sorry netsy.

We become so snowed under by caring responsibilities we sometimes forget how dear the person we are caring for is to us.

Onmyown

May 30, 2017
So sorry for you and your family. It's now time to take a big deep breath and look after you. Your mum is at peace now. I think we miss them so much and don't want them to go but her suffering is over.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm so sorry, @netsy22 . My condolences to you and your family. I'm glad you and your brother got to be with your mum. She's at peace now, and free from her illness.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I am so sorry to hear your mum has passed away but a great comfort to her and both of you that you were with your much loved mum at her peaceful end of life. Thinking of you

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry for your loss @netsy22.

It's good that you and your brother with her and that her passing was peaceful.

Wishing you strength for the days and weeks ahead. Remember to keep visiting TP. People will be here for you.

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Very sorry to read of your sad loss, netsy. I am glad that your mother passed peacefully, with you and your brother present. I lost my mother before Christmas, in a similarly unexpected way, so I know how shocked you must be feeling. I wish you comfort and strength. xx

netsy22

Oct 31, 2015
My mum died 3 weeks before her 89th birthday and 2 weeks before her first grandchild is due to be born. Her granddaughter (my niece) also lost her other grandma 2 days before. Heartbreaking.