Moving house

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hiya Spamar :)

Not got any experience myself but my friend moved after her husband Mick passed away and I was so sad when she did .

She regretted the move terribly and told me so on many occasions . She said it was a running away from the grieving and sadness but of course one can’t . Not saying you are , just sharing what she said. She missed her friends, the sea, the familiar shops and most of all she missed being in the area she knew and felt safe in xxxx
Hugs to you xxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi chick, nice to see you! It’s odd if I do move to the sw. I grew up there, lots of relatives, know the area, though a bit out of speed as far as the traffic goes! Got sea there, but none of my particular saltmarsh plant! That’s why I/we didn’t move there 12 years ago. Not realising the arthritis was gong to take hold, I thought I might be able to work again! How wrong can one be?
So I’m used to going there, so probably wouldn’t miss most of my friends, cos of the relatives. But I would miss my step children and grandchildren. That’s why it’s so difficult a decision. I just feel that one day I might need care, and I can’t see anyone fighting for me! Obviously reading TP too much! Then I’ve got to find a house suitable for a wheel chair, it would be silly not to, I’m on two sticks or a rollator now!
I’m going down at the end of March, will chat with the relatives and see what they think!
Cheers!