New member - Advice needed

Countrygirl5457

Apr 16, 2012
Hi, how do I get my husband to stay in bed he keeps getting out this can go on sometimes until the early hours and I get exhausted... I have tried being nice and calm and also cross neither is working .... we are in our 7th year of his Dementia....

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello countrygirl, Welcome to Talking Point, unfortunately not going to bed staying up alnight, or getting out of bed many times in the night is most annoying, my husband did it, once they start this phase it just goes on, my husband did have sleeping tablets which did help for a while, but after a year they did not work. See your Dr he may give you something, not all Dr's like prescibing them. You could try sleeping in another room, l did it for a while, but then my husband would come in a wake me up. Keep posting always someone here to help and advise you.

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Know this all too well

Hi, how do I get my husband to stay in bed he keeps getting out this can go on sometimes until the early hours and I get exhausted... I have tried being nice and calm and also cross neither is working .... we are in our 7th year of his Dementia....

Hi country girl. The getting up at all hours in the night is something I know all too well. My OH has been doing this for some time now. He will get up, go to the bathroom then come back into the room and make his bed with great precision. Everything has to be crease free and very straight and tidy before he will get back in again. Takes ages. I eventually had to go into another room, and although I am aware of him getting up several times a night, as I leave my door open in case I am really needed, I am able to drift off back to sleep again as I don't have to watch and listen to him straightening the bed. Broken nights sleep yes but I do get some sleep now I am in another room. Perhaps you could try this. I know I was so exhausted before I made the move that I was very sharp with him during the days because of it which wasn't doing him any good and made me feel dreadful for behaving that way. But lack of sleep is really debilitating.

Countrygirl5457

Apr 16, 2012
Hi I am not sure of my way around can someone advise me how I can find messages and reply’s please..it has been 2 years since I came on here..

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Welcome back! The search bar is at the top. Are you looking for something in particular?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
The chatroom has gone but you can send private messages to people. They are now called conversations. Either click on the envelope symbol on the top right hand of your screen or click on someone's username and "Start a conversation".