Financial Assessment

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I took a phone call from the council finance department yesterday. Can we do a financial assessment of your wife over the telephone? There was just one question, which I answered in the affirmative - does my wife have capital over the council limit of £23,250? Financial assessment done, paperwork to follow.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
But what we really want to hear is that you get a phone call....answer this one question and dementia will be cured. If only everything were as easy as your in-depth ‘financial assessment’.

Wishful

Nov 28, 2014
The financial assessment for my DH was pages long and proof of everything needed. Six months' worth of bank statements. It took me over four hours to collate it all. We don't have £20,000 between us.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
The financial assessment for my DH was pages long and proof of everything needed. Six months' worth of bank statements. It took me over four hours to collate it all. We don't have £20,000 between us.

Took me ages to do mum's & she only had one bank account & no investments. They want copies of everything that's what took the time. Think it might be a yearly thing as had to do it again the following year. Luckily I'd kept a copy of everything so only had to complete what had changed. Hate filling in forms!

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hence my surprise that it could be done over the phone with no preparation time for me to get out the information that I thought I would be asked, but wasn't ...

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
The financial assessment for my mum was similarly brief, SW was here to confirm she was eligible for the sheltered extra care place, and assess what package she needed. She had significant assets and a house to sell, but at that stage I didn't know what as I was still clearing house and locating things. I just had to say she was self funding for the forseeable future. I guessed at her available cash etc, and a number was put down.

There was a long from to fill in but I didn't have the info at the time and SW said it didn't matter at this stage

BazArcher

Feb 13, 2016
Lakenheath, Suffolk
Brief one for me and OH I printed out accounts from online banking and sent as proof fairly straight forwards methinks, then get told OH will have to pay a nominal figure per week for any support even though we have barely coppers between us in savings. I had a word with our SS and the lady said oh yes they look at everything and then work out a figure of £137 a week is enough to live on, that made me laugh so bad I stopped work to be a carer and get £62 a week so I said where's my other 70 pounds or so............death ears and what not.
I did suggest I go back to work and they look after OH costing per week probably a lot more than £62 I bet :) I think Ken Dodd writes the script some days.

Baz