MIL NOW AT REST, BUT WHAT ABOUT FIL

stevew

Oct 30, 2010
CORNWAL
MIL with AD passed away recently after diagnosis some 13 yrs. FIL suffers AD and VD severe and in care.
So hard to try and grieve for MIL knowing that FIL with diagnosis some 11 yrs and severe may not be with us much longer, but hopefully I am wrong. The fight with CHC continues for MIL and another fight for FIL continues especially as a report states he is soon to be part ASC funded. Information received indicates these CCG`s are short of money and passing the buck to local authorities and therefore their decisions need to be challenged. What about my rights to grieve for MIL especially with all matters regarding FIL., I know we all grieve in our own way and time, I just hope I find the strength to continue fighting.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I am sorry for your loss, @stevew It is hard to grieve for someone when you are still caring for another.
My mum died in April from Alzheimers and my OH has Frontotemporal dementia, so I have not been able to grieve, expect in very short bursts. One of the members who had lost her OH recently advised me that the grief will come out in its own time.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm sorry for your loss, @stevew . My condolences to you. It must be hard, to be still facing a battle for your FIL, while trying to start grieving your MIL. And so very sad that they were both hit with dementia.