Yuk !!!!

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Goodness knows what mum put down the toilet today but it was blocked. OH found her with my new kitchen jug emptying the toilet into the sink, the carpet is now soaked but luckily it only appears to be clean water from the flush. This is the 3rd time in a the last few months that we have had a blockage, the worst one blocked the outlet to the septic tank which had to be pumped out by a tanker and the soakaway jetted to clear it, this cost us £710.

john1939

Sep 21, 2017
Newtownabbey
Goodness knows what mum put down the toilet today but it was blocked. OH found her with my new kitchen jug emptying the toilet into the sink, the carpet is now soaked but luckily it only appears to be clean water from the flush. This is the 3rd time in a the last few months that we have had a blockage, the worst one blocked the outlet to the septic tank which had to be pumped out by a tanker and the soakaway jetted to clear it, this cost us £710.
Hello, Living with a person afflicted with Alzheimers provides you with a new set of experiences. At first you are horrified but you get used to them after a while and try to deal with them. My wife insists on having the cat sit on the table beside her as she eats her meals, often sharing with it Mind you the cat's table manners leave something to be desired. When the cat is not on the table she often throws food from her plate onto the floor for the cat, who like as not refuses to eat it. Any remarks from me is met with a storm of abuse, so I just keep quiet and clean it up later.

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
So familiar with this reedy sue!

Our toilet has blocked on numerous occasions (fortunately we have another). Mum makes many visits a day, uses a lot of paper, whether she has been or not. Anytime I ask her to go easy on the paper she accuses me of picking on her and tells me to stick her in a home if I can't cope!

After the second call out to Dynorod at around £170 a time, my husband invested in some unblocking rods which have been worth every penny. Every blockage since we have managed to shift. In fact I am getting quite good at it!

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Who would have thought that a set of drain clearing rods would be needed for the management of Alzheimers? Full marks Father Ted for smart thinking, Careful Now.
View attachment 56885

I have already ordered a toilet auger, we already have drain rods but mum's toilet is a compact modern one and the drain rods would not work in it.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
A plumbers trick I was taught was to use a mop. Apparently the Vileda type are the best. You may want to buy a new one after :eek:. Still cheaper than a plumber.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
A plumbers trick I was taught was to use a mop. Apparently the Vileda type are the best. You may want to buy a new one after :eek:. Still cheaper than a plumber.[/QUOTE

I have seen this method, it should be one of the old fashioned string type mops and you put a large plastic bag over it which turns the mop into a plunger.

LilyJ

Apr 13, 2017
Huh, knowing my record of such things, I'd probably lose the bloomin' mop down the toilet! !!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell