Human robotics

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Dear friends,
It's been a long time since my madam is being aggressive,agitate,craving of foods and drinks,refused to go out from the house etc.Now she upgraded into another level of her dementia.What she is before is opposite of what she is now.This time she's too quit,less talk,less activities,less interest,less everything..She's like a human robotics that program only a few activities.Every night sleeping time, this time she used to lay down on her bed at 9:30pm then after a few seconds she will get up,stand up,walk slowly from the bed walk around the house,sit down then go back to her bed.,and then just a few seconds again repeat same thing until morning when the sun comes.She cannot follow instructions,i cannot stop her whenever she wants to do something.The more I stop her the more she insists.Very hard to explain.Very strange for me..is this a normal changes for a vascular dementia patients?I feel like she's physically alive but deep inside her is already gone..hoping that anyone can advise me on how to deal with this kind of level..

Thanks and God bless you all.

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hello again Gershom, and welcome back.

I think what you are seeing is just the way the illness is advancing. It must be exhausting for you. I hope there is other help available, so that you can sleep enough, while you're lady is safe?

Maybe rather than trying to stop her doing something, you could try agreeing, but diverting her to something else. For example, if she wants to go out, you could say " yes, good idea. Let's have some tea before we go."

Last edited:

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Hello again Gershom, and welcome back.

I think what you are seeing is just the way the illness is advancing. It must be exhausting for you. I hope there is other help available, so that you can sleep enough, while you're lady is safe?

Maybe rather than trying to stop her doing something, you could try agreeing, but diverting her to something else. For example, if she wants to go out, you could say " yes, good idea. Let's have some tea before we go."

Thanks ladyA.
yes I will do that to agree and divert her wants.

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
As the day pass by,my madam's condition is getting worst.Now she no strength to walk but still she's trying to get up just to walk.She dont know her body strength capacity or maybe she forget only.Eating time,she always asked that she wants to eat but when the food is given to her no appetite,I will feed her,she will chew the food instead of swallowing after chewing she will spit out the food from her mouth then says "enough,I'm full already".,she no appetite to eat or she forget how to eat only?not advissable for her to take a lot of fluids,but she likes to drink only this time.For her to survive I gave her drinks, but it shows physical changes to her,she got fluid retention.
I just want to ask,this recent changes are still part of the progress of her vascular dementia or it's a sign of a new developing sickness?is their any other way or other foods to encourage her to eat again?,
Waiting for an answer..
Thanks and God bless..

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Gershom

It sounds as if this is a development of the dementia but I am not a doctor and a doctor`s advice is needed. Your madam certainly needs a doctor to check her fluid retention.

My husband used to forget he needed help walking so used to fall. It was difficult to help him up because he was unable to help himself.

He also had problems eating and lost a lot of weight. I used to give him soft food which was suitable for a baby but even then his appetite was poor.

I hope you are getting enough rest yourself.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Gershom, I too think a doctor's advice is needed. Even if the doctor says "Yes, it's to be expected. It's the dementia progressing." then at least it will put your mind at rest that there is nothing else.

Are her family involved at all? Do they know how she is? It's important, for your sake, to keep them informed of her condition. You don't want them to start saying later "You should have told us. We would/could have done something." I know you care a lot about your Madam, but to be honest, you need to think about yourself too.

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
It sounds as if this is a development of the dementia but I am not a doctor and a doctor`s advice is needed. Your madam certainly needs a doctor to check her fluid retention.

My husband used to forget he needed help walking so used to fall. It was difficult to help him up because he was unable to help himself.

He also had problems eating and lost a lot of weight. I used to give him soft food which was suitable for a baby but even then his appetite was poor.

I hope you are getting enough rest yourself.

Thank you so much for the response,..Yes,I think we better see her psychiatrist,no need to wait for the appointment date.,no enough rest,yes, but I'm trying to eat healthy foods to keep healthy,take a nap for some time if can get the opportunity..
Thanks again God bless.

Gershom

Dec 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Gershom, I too think a doctor's advice is needed. Even if the doctor says "Yes, it's to be expected. It's the dementia progressing." then at least it will put your mind at rest that there is nothing else.

Are her family involved at all? Do they know how she is? It's important, for your sake, to keep them informed of her condition. You don't want them to start saying later "You should have told us. We would/could have done something." I know you care a lot about your Madam, but to be honest, you need to think about yourself too.

I appreciated your quick response.I always update her children regarding madam's condition.Any bad and good changes about her.They are living separately but they are all watching us from far distance through phones and internet.The children are tied up with their works but they can find way if needed for their mother..Yes,I must take care of myself first,so that I can have the strength to look after their mother.,I will ask them to give me some break.
Thank you soso much and God bless.