Up and down in the night

jennypie

Jan 5, 2014
North yorkshire
I'm so tired my husband gets fidgety wakes me up and needs the loo often every 2 hours from about 2 in the morning he seems to need the loo much more than in the day time then he's. Ack and forwards to the loo because it's bowels but doesn't seem to know that until he's been up several times I know this is par for the course just want to get it off my chest I dream of a good nights sleep!!

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Speak to his GP about a sleeping tablet to change his sleeping pattern. It worked for my husband so it's worth a try.

lmaster

Apr 3, 2014
East Sussex
Sleeping tablets

Speak to his GP about a sleeping tablet to change his sleeping pattern. It worked for my husband so it's worth a try.

My dad has been doing the same thing getting up and now because its light out he wants to go down stairs or out. Doctor just prescribed mirtazapine after 2nd night he was falling every time he got out of bed. Not going to give it to him tonight. Does anyone have any other suggestions that have worked? He has already fractured 2 bones falling in the last 6 weeks, can not cope with many more brakes.

Thank you

jennypie

Jan 5, 2014
North yorkshire

Thanks for your reply I've contacted gp re sleeping tablet only thing is he usually wakes because he needs the loo so whether he will be more incontinent however I need to sleep to be able to cope it's a vicious circle!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Hope my experience will help or may confuse you even more! Sleeping pill does work for mum, just half. She is definitely more incontinent - that total relaxation thing. If she does happen to wake through the night needing to go, it is very difficult to help her to the commode, she can hardly stand. So now I put a filler pad in to her night time pull ups and get to her as soon as I can in the morning.

Due to a prolapse, hopefully to be sorted next week, my mum urinates mainly at night so I have the problem anyway.

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
My OH goes to the bathroom all the time in the daytime. He forgets he has just been. But most of the time he doesnt make any urine.
For us, heavy exercise is the best cure for everything. He walks in the mountains 3.5 hours 4 to 6 days per week. Then he does not get up in the night.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My late husband used to just sleep for 1 1/2 to 2 hour stretches throughout the day/night! In the afternoons, I used to sit in an adjoining armchair (strategically placing mine against the living room door, so he couldn't get out!) and we'd both snooze! If he woke, and found me dozing, he'd hold my hand, and just sit watching me. Sometimes. Other times, he'd starting saying "Hey! Hey!" until I woke up! :rolleyes:

PC128

Nov 5, 2014
I'm so tired my husband gets fidgety wakes me up and needs the loo often every 2 hours from about 2 in the morning he seems to need the loo much more than in the day time then he's. Ack and forwards to the loo because it's bowels but doesn't seem to know that until he's been up several times I know this is par for the course just want to get it off my chest I dream of a good nights sleep!!

Hello there...my husband similarly is in & out if bed most of the night...it's certainly very tiring..... I thought about a sleeping tablet, but a carer hold me that he could then be very drowsy & fall...dangerous.so......do you have a social worker, respite carers ??... We have carer from our local Cross rds group....we now get six & half hours respite a week, 5 mornings personal care...ie bathing / dressing & best of all a night time sleeper..
.11pm until 8 am.....every Wednesday night & recently every other Sunday.....it's just bliss to have a good nights sleep......good luck.....from PC....XXXX