Zopiclone 7.5mg

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Has anyone notice that their other half has got more agressive when the dose has been increased from 3.25 mg to 7.5 mg please. He's like a bull with a sore head trying to pick fights all day.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The SPC for Zopiclone contains:

4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use

Other psychiatric and paradoxical reactions

Other psychiatric and paradoxical reactions have been reported (see section 4.8), like restlessness, agitation, irritability, aggression, delusion, anger, nightmares, hallucinations, inappropriate behaviour and other adverse behavioural effects are known to occur when using sedative/hypnotic agents like zopiclone. Should this occur, use of zopiclone should be discontinued. These reactions are more likely to occur in the elderly.....

4.8 Undesirable effects
Very common (≥1/10); common (≥1/100 to <1/10); uncommon (≥1/1,000 to <1/100); rare (≥1/10,000 to <1/1,000); very rare (<1/10,000); not known (cannot be estimated from the available data).

Psychiatric disorders

Not known: drowsiness, restlessness, delusion, anger, depressed mood, abnormal behaviour (possibly associated with amnesia)....

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/24285

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Dr put Dad on 3.75mg and he has been Bolshy and awkward, perhaps more than before but I hadn't made that connection. He's also hallucinated.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I'm really surprised as it had none of those effects on my husband. It shows that once again we need all the information possible to make a judgement.

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Thank you

The anger seems to have increased since the higher dose as I checked back with dates when he started. Will ring the surgery and see what they say. Perhaps we can go back to the lower dose even if it means I get less sleep it will be better than him shouting at me and other people in public