Blue flower badge

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I am told that this badge is available for Alzheimer's sufferers but never seen them nor do I know where they can be obtained. Anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 5,775

onlyme1

Sep 10, 2011
scarborough
Hi agzy. I've seen these badges in Halifax banks for £1 each, other places too. Haven't yet seen the new ones on sale. Lindy. X

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'll keep my eyes open but don't need 25 of them and not forking out £30 but thank you for the link x

I think they're intended as wedding favours. Or alternatively my friend bought batches of them to give out to everyone at her husband's funeral.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
The Alzheimer's web shop used to sell them as single items for £1.25. I know because I possessed one until it broke! They now only sell the new logo ones individually, and I don't like them in badge form.

Last edited:

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I have been getting cross on FB (me? cross? surely not) as the original post has gone viral and it said people wearing the badge had dementia. ..

So I have been adding this to all the posts I see!

'Great to publicise the work re dementia but this is so misleading as it is a supporters badge not to show that someone has dementia.*https://shop.alzheimers.org.uk/weddings-and-celebrations/Flower pin badges x 25

And an obvious badge sadly serves to highlight someone is vulnerable and could lead to them being preyed upon. A discreet card is available that a carer can share with shop staff etc or the person with dementia may wish to share themself.*https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/.../publicati.../*774/helpcards

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

SarahCS

May 17, 2017
I thought the badges were for charity fundraising and to create awareness. My husband bought them for all the girls in our family in Costa at the hospital when my father in law was in hospital recently.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Why on earth is the AS selling the same badge as the Masonic ones? It doesn't make sense.
I agree with Celia also that wearing a badge shows shows support rather than highlights a sufferer, just as those badges for other illnesses do.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
The forget-me-not has been used as an emblem for miscarriage for a good few years now as well, I have received fund raising marketing stuff with it on today (fundraising from Birmingham University - one envelope each)

When I got the email last week(from Birmingham Uni - where I met OH) I thought it was from Alz Soc at first

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I haven't seen these pins on sale in shops myself, but my usual experience of various charity pins sold in shops is that they are in a box clearly marked with the named charity for which they are raising money/raising awareness - so it is unlikely that people buying them would be confused as to where their money is going.

I wear a forget-me-not pin, one that I obtained through the Alzheimer's Society. Until now I had never heard of any link the flower has with freemasons and nobody has ever mistaken my wearing it as anything other than in support of dementia awareness.

Last edited: