Postal Redirection

Ted100

Mar 10, 2017
Just looking at mail redirection as Mum will hopefully be discharged from hospital into a nursing home in the next couple of days.

We applied for both LPA's just before she was admitted 8 weeks ago but not yet through yet - due in a couple of weeks.

As she will now not be returning to her retirement court flat will I be able to change Mum's postal address to my own home rather than the nursing home?

Looking at the Post Office form it asks if the new address is owned or rented by mum. How do I answer that when she will be living in a nursing home not the address for redirection?

Also do I have to given them a certified copy of the LPA when it comes or can I take the original into the Post Office branch for inspection???

Many thanks

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
We have power of attorney and have just sold Mum's house and got her mail redirected to our house. We went to the post office with a certified copy of the power of attorney and also bills etc addressed to Mum's old address and bills addressed to us at our address. It took a bit of time but there was no real trouble.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
TBH, I did it online I did have LPA and use of her bank card, but I changed her address to mine so that everything came here unless it was directly addressed to the CH.

Ted100

Mar 10, 2017
TBH, I did it online I did have LPA and use of her bank card, but I changed her address to mine so that everything came here unless it was directly addressed to the CH.

We do have the bank card so could do it online so maybe the best way but online it does ask the question is the 'new' property owned or rented by the person applying to change - it will be neither as it is our home and mum will be in the care home. Perhaps it can be left blank will have to try

Thanks for the comments so far

AD123

Dec 4, 2012
If you use the special circumstances form http://services.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Redirection_Consumer_SpecialCircumstances_Form_Jun2014.pdf that question doesn't get asked. But you do need to present it completed with the PoA and, your ID and some ID pertaining to the address you are redirecting from.

That's an old link. I've just done this and you no longer need any ID regarding the address you are redirecting from. http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...circumstances-application-form-march-2017.pdf

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell