Best way to commend non-nursing staff

Rachael81

Dec 31, 2015
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Hi,

I posted last week about my mum being in hospital after a fall resulted in a broken hip. She's still there in and is in a 24hr supervised bay with other dementia patients recovering from similar orthopaedic issues. One safety support worker has shone out as being an absolute star and I'm wanting to write to someone more senior to make sure they know.

Can anyone advise who I should write to? Ward manager? Sister? Open letter to the hospital board?

Thanks, Rachael

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
How lovely that someone has made such a high impression
Why not write to ward manager and copy in the trust manager? Maybe when your mum leaves the hospital a personal thank you card would mean a lot
Ros
Hi,

I posted last week about my mum being in hospital after a fall resulted in a broken hip. She's still there in and is in a 24hr supervised bay with other dementia patients recovering from similar orthopaedic issues. One safety support worker has shone out as being an absolute star and I'm wanting to write to someone more senior to make sure they know.

Can anyone advise who I should write to? Ward manager? Sister? Open letter to the hospital board?

Thanks, Rachael

Dunkers58

Nov 9, 2013
Hampshire
Hi,

Thanks, Rachael

Hi

In our local hospital we have something called Wow awards, there are forms around the hospital and on line. there maybe something similar or as you say write directly to the ward manager.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Rachel . I am so glad that your mum is recovering and is being supported by good staff . Of course you should applaud good care and the staff would be so grateful for that recognition . I am a manager in a hospital and would recommend that you send a letter to the senior charge nurse / ward manager and also to the hospital chairman . Often we get letters from the chairman cascaded to staff but it sometimes takes a while to reach the people it is intended for , however it is important that they also recognise the high regard that patients and relatives have for the staff . The staff member will be absolutely delighted that you believe they made a difference . Best wishes to you and your mum . I hope she feels better soon . Lou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77