Happy Birthday Talking Point!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Many happy returns to Talking Point, which is 14 years old today!

Happy_Birthday!.png

We've supported over 52,000 members over the years.

How have we helped you?

We'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to say thank you, share your experience of how Talking Point has helped you or just say Happy Birthday, please add a reply below. :)

Help spread the word about Talking Point

If you'd like to help us let others know about Talking Point, our new flyer is available. :)

flyer pjeg.jpg

>Order flyers here<

Please note: Even though Talking Point is available to everyone who has internet access at the moment we are only sending the leaflet out to people in the United Kingdom.

Thanks,

The Talking Point Team :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Birthday Talking Point. Thank you for all your support.

Attachments

• Happy Birthday.jpg
    Happy Birthday.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 619

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
14 years, well done to all the administrators, hosts and moderators for keeping it going for that time.

I've only been posting regularly for about a year and half. It's been a great source of moral support as well as great advice. Last summer I posted some frustrations and someone immediately suggested testing for a UTI which was spot on. I would never have thought of it at the time. Moving house last autumn was hard, but a lot of great support and advice on TP got me through it.

So, here's to another 14 years and more. :)

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Happy Birthday. I wonder what that first day was like, were people 'queuing at the door' to join! Can't imagine what the talking point forums looked like with no posts, probably not empty for long.

Thank you for being here.

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Happy Birthday Talking Point, a light shining in our days of darkness

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    116.3 KB · Views: 661

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Happy birthday TP. Thank you for the years of support for Bill and for me. Thank you too for the continuing support.

Attachments

• IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 595

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well, happy birthday! It must have been some launch into the wild blue yonder, wondering if anyone/how many would join, how it would all develop, what direction it would go in, and how to keep things under control! Or was all that put in put in place beforehand?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
how did I miss this?
Many, many Happy returns, TP
the wonderful members provide so much vital information which helps me inordinately with caring for my dad and looking after myself - it's brilliant that all this support is available 24 hours a day, pretty much anywhere someone can get online

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
A very happy birthday, and a heartfelt thank you for being there for me. Not only has TP helped me care for my mum but have made some amazing friends here too xxx

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Happy Birthday Talking Point!!!​

Since my husband was diagnosed 5 years ago I have found this forum invaluable for information and support.

As my own experience has developed over the years I have also found this a first-class way in which to try and help and support others - and so give back to others what I have benefited from myself.

As well meaning as they are, many health professionals simply don't understand things in the same way that those affected by dementia do.

So, yes, Happy Birthday and wishing TP many years of continued success :)