So, here we are.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
So you may have a Christmas baby! How exciting. Hope your dau has a smooth delivery, preferably after lunch if you are cooking☺. I think it's natural for you to be excited/worried because somehow it is worse seeing someone you care about suffering than doing so yourself. Fred is as well as can be. He is very sleepy but can often be happy now when he wakes, unless you try to make him do something he doesn't want to do. He is still mobile tho very wobbly and his appetite is still excellent, to put it politely! Will go to the CH early on Sunday to take presents for him and the staff and then drive to my daughter's, about 2 hrs away, for lunch and stay until Tuesday. Luckily the roads are pretty clear then.

Enjoy your family and look forward to hear baby news soon. xx

Sent from my SM-T813 using Talking Point mobile app

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, a new born at Christmas, beautiful. Hope you've peaceful Christmas LadyA.

Weather has been bad here but it's eased off in last hour. Yeah, the North and West are supposed to get the worst.

PS. Your star cushion is fantastic.

X

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Baby isn't due until January 3rd, but they told her that his head is engaged. So it could be any time - or, as dau says, he could stay where he is for another three weeks!

I'm off to the bath, and then a relaxing evening on the couch with a moisturising face mask. :)

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Exciting times LadyA with a new life due into your world, but also sadness, no doubt, that William isn't here to share that excitement with you. I hope you have a peaceful Christmas and look forward to hearing news of the arrival when he/she feels ready to pop out! xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Nope I'm trying to get back to sleep! Had a broken night last night as her waters broke and she had to go to the hospital so I had to go over to stay with SIL'S older son, who was with them for a few days. Got home at 5, when dau was sent home, but she was back in tonight for the real deal!

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Congratulations Lady A. Fantastic news and born on the last day of the year too! There'll always be celebrations on her birthday.
Welcome to the world of doting grandmotherhood.

Oops, sorry, his birthday!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thought you deserved a wee badge. Hope baby and mum and dad are all doing well.
e29c7878d37ee943ccb1ca6757f8021f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
2jays, dau says he got stuck for a minute or two and the midwife said she had to keep pushing - and then he shot out, through the midwife's hands and onto the pillow they had there just in case!