Where do we go from here?

Joybelles

Nov 7, 2016
As a family we have decided it's time for Mum to go into a home. Mum is fine in her own home showing no aggression towards the family, (dad, myself and my husband) but because we have had to contact adult social services crisis care team they have sent in a carer but mum got aggressive with her in the night.

Today a manager from a care home came out to asses her ( organised by ourselves because of self funding) and said we need a social worker , she needs a mental health assessment and because she won't go into a home willingly the home won't take her at all. All other homes I have rung are full. I truly believe she will need sectioning before she can be admitted anywhere but it's getting these things in motion and rapidly. Mum is totally mobile and fit.

Help ..... what do we do next?.

Pinkys

Nov 13, 2014
South of England
My MiL was not sectioned. She had utterly refused all care and all support. We are self funding. The home accepted her as they then got a Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding Assessment, and a Mental Capacity Act Assessment.

You need to get this all clear with a social worker. Maybe ring the Altzheimers society helpline?

And discuss with other care homes, One we went to was not interested, but the one we chose had no problems with the minefield of legislation and ethical considerations. They organised everything with the local Social Services.

Best of luck