Help with cost of bathroom aids?

LouiseB55

Jun 1, 2016
Hello TP. Mum can no longer get out the bath easily and won't use the shower. The OT suggested an electronic seat to lower and raise her in the bath. I had a look at the local mobility shop; they cost over £300. OT said SS won't fund (a strip wash will do - really?! ) but a friend who is a carer had one fitted for free by the local carers organisation. Anyone else managed to get funding for this sort of thing? Thanks

ElizabethAnn

Jan 4, 2014
Northumberland
Mum & Dad are in the same situation as Helen - OT organised the ordering, delivery, fitting and demo... it's on loan for as long as Mum & Dad need it... they even arrange an annual service (Mum & Dad live in Northumberland)

rgds, Elizabeth.

LouiseB55

Jun 1, 2016
Thanks. When I rang Mum's OT she said her case was closed and could only recommend a Google search. We have an assessment this week so I'll raise it with the social worker.

Malalie

Sep 1, 2016
There are a few charities that could help with this - were your Dad or Mum in the Armed forces or a Trade Union or anything?

Tara62

Feb 25, 2015
West Yorkshire and East Anglia
Where do you live, Louise? My father's house is stuffed full of things that we got free from the local council - you name it, he's got it. I got a bath lift for him really easily. He is in West Yorkshire, and his council is Kirklees.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey