LPA issues with a financially illiterate Attorney!

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
The Truecall box we have just sits on the line into the old cordless base station and sends to it's answerphone all calls from numbers that aren't in a list that you program it with.

I'm a trueCall fan, too. Useful product.

I think they may already have one of these, but I will check, thanks for that. I added them to that free service which blocks out cold calls..forget what it's called.

Telephone Preference Service? Worth doing, but may not stop overseas callers or outright fraudsters.

bagee

Jun 2, 2015
Lpa

Hi. Wondering if anyone can help on a minor issue I,m having regarding a small policy mum has had for funeral arrangements.
The family agreed to pay it up fully and when it became a free policy we would surrender and pre pay her funeral, knowing we would all have to put extra towards it as it is a very small policy.
I have attempted to surrender the policy but have been told that they cannot put the cheque in my name althought they have the power of attorney logged with their office. Mum doesn,t have a bank account any longer and all her mail from this company has been comingto my address for 18months or more.
I have been told to open a seperate account for mum but she is incapable now of signing
or understanding what she was signing so how can this be right?
Has anyone come across this before? I am at a loss here. Any information would be gratefully received. Thank you.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
The cheque would have to go into an account bearing your mother's name but if one of you has financial poa it is a simple process to open a bank or building society a.c. for her in her name but with poa named also to deal with things on her behalf. I have poa for my dad and have opened many such accounts recently following his house sale. Alternatively unless you think the policy will depreciate in value you could surrender it when the time comes for a funeral to be arranged although you may wish for the funds to be immediately available and depending on your mums financial status probate maybe have to be applied for which would dela y matters I suppose.