Hi, I don't believe we've met!

YvonnEh

Aug 7, 2016
My OH, DS and I live with my mum in law who has vascular dementia, she has had it for a number of years now. I could use someone to talk toon occasions.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Hello, always a good place for a chat and if you check out the 'Tea Room' you'll see that we talk about more than Dementia. Sad that we all have to meet this way, but I don't know what I would do without this site.

YvonnEh

Aug 7, 2016
Nice to meet you Tin, I can see this site becoming my go-to place for a bit of sanity.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Hello and welcome

My OH, DS and I live with my mum in law who has vascular dementia, she has had it for a number of years now. I could use someone to talk toon occasions.

Hello, yo have joined a real family here. I have found it to be a lifeline when caring for my Mum. Its good to know that there are people who actually understand and dont judge.
X
Quilty

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Yvonne, welcome to TP
Talk away, we're all here to listen. Further to Tin's suggestion I usually go to the "Most Recent Posts" option (top left under forum home) the other thing is if you right mouse click on the name of the person commenting then you go to their profile where you can read their profile and previous posts to get an idea of their situation, it always interests me to see what others story is and how they've managed (as far as you can) to cope.
K

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Welcome Yvonne,
Always a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear on here. It has got me through some rough times talking to people who know what we are going through. Look forward to getting to know you. x:p

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
and a very warm welcome from me too Yvonne. TP is a wonderful place and there is always someone here to talk to :)

YorkshireCat

Feb 25, 2016
Hi and welcome as well. I've just joined as well and with my OH care for my MIL who lives next door. There is so much information on this site and the experience of others is invaluable, most people who have never cared for someone with dementia have no idea of what is involved

Loumag

Aug 8, 2016
Hallo! I'm also new to this and already have found so much information and friendly people - My Mum is waiting for scan results to determine which type of dementia she has - the last few months have been a rollercoaster of events - Dad died in April, and she was his carer - we didnt realise how bad she was because Dad hid it from us, so to begin with I felt I had lost two parents - she's 83 and they had been married for 55 years and for the last 10 she saw to his every need, and now is a poor lost soul. Its heartbreaking and hard work, but I keep reminding myself that she;s still MUM , just lost inside this illness. This forum is fantastic and I no longer feel on my own!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gardenlodge