Feeling sad

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi sorry here again feeling very down today, just woke up feeling sad Peter ok but just feeling lonely just needed to tell someone. Sorry Christmas

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
There is no need to feel sorry. Caring for someone with dementia is a very lonely road sometimes. You have every right to feel sad. Too often, we have to put our brave faces on for the world.

Hope you have a good day, and the sad feelings lift a little. xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I have a relative who has had a breakdown...all in the past now, except for the fact that sometimes she has a sad feeling....then she panics that she might be going to have another breakdown, till I point out that it's ok to have a blue day, to feel sad once in a while.....it's only if it persists that one might need to see a doctor..

I know that I had many blue days when I was caring for Mum.x.x.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
It's just the norm Christmas, weekends always seem worst for me than during the week, don't know why. Hope you feel a bit better soon. Always people to cheer you up on here.
Big hugs xxx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Perhaps it's partly to do with it being the weekend christmas? I know that others find, as I do, that the weekends have become a bit of a sad time when we tend to have less contact with other people whereas we used to spend the week looking forward to the weekend.

I hope you're able to find a few things that will help you be a little less sad before Monday comes around.

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Thank you I feel a bit better now I think you are right it is the weekend I always feel down when it gets here but my son came today and cheered me up I don't like the children seeing me low it makes them unhappy and I don't want that they have enough on there plate he is coming again tomorrow with my grandchildren so looking forward to that thank you for being there for me. everybody says ,we are here for you but I don't know where I am alone all the time and I don't mined most of the time it's just sometimes I get down with it all but I am ok x Christmas

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Glad your feeling better Christmas. It always cheers me up when my grandchildren are here. I had a bad throat and head cold this morning and didn't want to get up when Mum did at 5. My grandson who is nine said you stay in bed nana I will get up with grandma, how lovely was that. Look forward to tomorrow and that's weekend over. xx

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Me to

hi sorry here again feeling very down today, just woke up feeling sad peter ok but just feeling lonely just needed to tell someone. Sorry christmas

hi i lost my wife in march.last month.sorry im dislex so bare with me.im only 63 .been loking after my wife for 5 year now .she had lewy body.not very good .getting up on you own ,eating onyou own seam no future,at the moment .ssorry tuff time.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
hi i lost my wife in march.last month.sorry im dislex so bare with me.im only 63 .been loking after my wife for 5 year now .she had lewy body.not very good .getting up on you own ,eating onyou own seam no future,at the moment .ssorry tuff time.

Sorry you are feeling so low Bill. My husband passed away last month so I know how sad and low you must be feeling. It's the little things that you don't think about that floor you and it is difficult to pick yourself up.

We will get there, slowly but surely and all of us dealing with bereavement at this time have to take our time and slowly, hopefully, we start to feel that little bit better each day.

Thinking of you

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry. Coming to this a bit late.

I feel for you both Jay and Bill.

Like others I feel the weekends are worse than weekdays. It's the lack of conversation I think.

I'm glad you feel a bit better christmas.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

So sorry, Bill. You will find lots of support here. My daughter is dyslexic so I understand. You put your feelings across very well x

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Havng a bit of tuff time a the moment

Now that things have begun to settel. After the furnral in march .sorry dislex so bare with me. I feel more alone now thking of her moor now .coming across thing of her .smooth drinks fugde sweets that she loved. Moving over in the bed on you own. Spaice in the bed /not nice .going out on you own to stores sitting in the house on you own,at nigth. Eating at the table .cooking for one .its a long road on you own .

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
Words of comfort for Bill and Christmas won't fill the void into which sadness sits. But I do hope that knowing you have friends on here helps, if only a little. Today may seem a little dark but tomorrow the sun may shine. X

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Now that things have begun to settel. After the furnral in march .sorry dislex so bare with me. I feel more alone now thking of her moor now .coming across thing of her .smooth drinks fugde sweets that she loved. Moving over in the bed on you own. Spaice in the bed /not nice .going out on you own to stores sitting in the house on you own,at nigth. Eating at the table .cooking for one .its a long road on you own .

It's very early days still Bill. I remember several times in the last ten months since William died having to leave the supermarket in tears, having caught sight of his favourite flavour icecream , or the lemon mousse that I used to mix his meds in.
One thing I did when William went to the nursing home, which helped a lot at night, was I moved to another bedroom and a different bed. My room now is on the opposite side of the house, and I re-decorated it, so feels completely "mine".