I love my mum

Ms Lucy

Jun 11, 2016
No official diagnosis. Fingers crossed it will happen on Tuesday. Feel all alone. She is no longer the person she was. I'm starting to lose myself in it all. Thoughts?

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
We never got an official diagnosis, Lucy. It's just one of those things. Really, all we need is to know there will be support if/when we ask for it. Some get it, some have to wait for a crisis. That's what happened here, but now my hubby is in the best of hands with an environment that's just like home. I wish I could live there with him as it's such a lovely home. I could do with a bit of care with my disabilities!

The most you need to hope for is support and help. I know about the feeling lost bit. Hope you get the answers you're hoping for.

Ms Lucy

Jun 11, 2016
Many thanks

You are right. I just need the support that is about 3 years in the making and it was a crisis that landed her in hospital, that may? allow me to get a diagnosis. She will NOT see a dr or get any testing.

She hates me tonight although I'm trying to protect her from herself.

I still love my mum.

As I'm sure you love your husband.

Sometimes love must mean making the hard decisions.

We never got an official diagnosis, Lucy. It's just one of those things. Really, all we need is to know there will be support if/when we ask for it. Some get it, some have to wait for a crisis. That's what happened here, but now my hubby is in the best of hands with an environment that's just like home. I wish I could live there with him as it's such a lovely home. I could do with a bit of care with my disabilities!

The most you need to hope for is support and help. I know about the feeling lost bit. Hope you get the answers you're hoping for.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Ms Lucy
welcome to the forum - which offers much support, recognition and sympathy
it sounds as though you've had a long walk to get this far - so I really hope that this hospital stay gets your mum the care she needs and that you get the support you need to care for her and have a chance to find yourself again

you are so right - and I wish you the strength and tenacity to make the decisions you have to

your mum is fortunate to have you :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
You are right. I just need the support that is about 3 years in the making and it was a crisis that landed her in hospital, that may? allow me to get a diagnosis. She will NOT see a dr or get any testing.

She hates me tonight although I'm trying to protect her from herself.

I still love my mum.

As I'm sure you love your husband.

That shines out of you, the fact you love your Mum. IN all of the hell of the disease, no one can take that away from us. Our love for our loved ones.

You've been in this for some time then. 3 years feels like a lifetime, doesn't it.

I doubt your Mum hates you, sweetheart. That's just the outside appearance. It'll settle down again. The fact my hubby is now getting professional care makes things like doctor and hospital appts much, much easier, as it's someone outside of the family environment making those and dealing with the important issues. I just get to enjoy my visits with him, which is so much easier. In the bad old days when we were left to ourselves, getting him to go anywhere was next to impossible. Now, he seems to take it in his stride. A crowd of carers have things a lot easier, I would imagine, as opposed to one who has the stress of everything on our shoulders. Because we spend out entire 24 hour existence in a state of stress; heartache; possibly panic; that's what causes a lot of the hardship for us. I'm sure our loved ones know there's something amiss. They just don't realise what it is. When the hard caring is taken off our shoulders, as finally happened here, everything else slowly fell into place. For the first time ever in many years, I had a good conversation with my hubby that meant everything to me. I wish for the same experience for you as time goes by, Lucy.

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
No official diagnosis. Fingers crossed it will happen on Tuesday. Feel all alone. She is no longer the person she was. I'm starting to lose myself in it all. Thoughts?

Hello
I'm my dad's carer and it took years to be able to get him diagnosed properly. With my mum same avenue but the same old no she's fine. So off down this road of I know what I see and hear..and keep pushing until you're taken seriously.

The one thing I've learnt over the past 7 yes that I didn't know at the beginning was that you have a voice and sometimes you will know more about the disease and your loved one than some of the service providers. That's ok..If you disagree or think you're not being listened to you can say. Don't be intimidated by badges and Dr's or gps you are allowed to disagree. . Every single person with dementia is different ..life isn't a text book event hough medicals are and tests are. Be strong but also have an outlet for your frustration. .as you matter too..