Today I got a hug

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
When mam and dad visited today, I got a hug from mam, instigated by her, and it was lovely!

I was standing in the kitchen, which is a step down from our living room, and mam was just inside the doorway of the living room, so we were at eye level for once (I'm a few inches taller than her), and she gave me a big beam, and reached for me, pulled me towards her and gave me a great big hug.

Made my day :).

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
After all the rejection you`ve suffered CG. I`m so pleased for you. It`s what happened with Dhiren so I know how important it is. :)

jasmineflower

Aug 27, 2012
That's lovely! I remember all the posts about the aggression you suffered from your mum, so this is such good news. Your "real" mum is in there somewhere x

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
When mam and dad visited today, I got a hug from mam, instigated by her, and it was lovely!

I was standing in the kitchen, which is a step down from our living room, and mam was just inside the doorway of the living room, so we were at eye level for once (I'm a few inches taller than her), and she gave me a big beam, and reached for me, pulled me towards her and gave me a great big hug.

Made my day :).

That is fantastic. Am so happy for you.

Aisling

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So pleased to read this CG. Sometimes it is SO hard to see the person you love under all the difficulties and stresses that dementia layers up and which become the things that are most obvious.

Wishing you many more hugs, special moments and more positive connections with your Mum xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
How Lovely.

C Girl you & your Mum had that special Hug. Very pleased for you. Hope your Mam gives you another one

Love. Grove. X

elvismad

Jan 8, 2012
My mum told me yesterday, whilst eating an ice cream in the park, that she 'didn't have time to be miserable' Sometimes things are lovely.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalf