Do you find it's the little things which frustrate the most

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Hello everyone.

Not a great start to the day here. Our washing machine started banging loudly yesterday and juddering about. Decided to get a new one rather than getting the old repaired. Ordering was nice and straightforward all on line, no stress with mum. Delivery was booked for today with them disconnecting the old machine and taking it away and of course fitting the new one.

Good enough we now have the new machine, but they didn't like how the old one was connected up so won't remove it and fit the new one. Upshot is the old machine hasn't moved an inch, the new one is sitting in the dining room and I've had to call a plumber who will take a look at what's needed tonight and see when he can do the job. Booked the council to take the old machine, but that'll be in 3 weeks time.

Mum in the meantime wants to go over and over the details as they are and has already started adding some colour to the tale, can't blame her, but my patience is pretty thin. Could cheerfully cry or scream, or both! Just what we needed, more hassle. Really wish things could be simple to save my patience and mum's confusion!

Pinkys

Nov 13, 2014
South of England
Yes, we can weather large storms but hate the little ones. Deepest sympathy. Another plumber maybe? 3 weeks seems forever. However that is just more hassle.

Grrrrr

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Did they tell you what the problem with the connections were? You might not need a plumber, jut a kindly chap with common sense

Delivery men can be such blinkin' jobsworths

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
I think it's called 'the straw that breaks the camel's back'.

Hope the washing machine crisis gets sorted quickly - it's another frustration you don't need.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
The little things really do drive you crazy, I'm still waiting for toilet bowl to be sorted, 2 aborted visits by a plumber, 1st time he said wrong pipe work and 2nd time he turned up earlier than arranged appointment time and I was not in!! Hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Lavender, yes, I know exactly what you mean and do think it's these sorts of things that feel they will break us.

I hope you can get the washing machine sorted sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Last year we had a new cooker and it was a bit of a nuisance with worn connections, then OH daughter had an oven blow up which entailed a lot of messing about to get the new one fitted. Like your mum Lavendar, OH got terribly confused trying to work it out.

It is the little things, because they add to confusion and because you are already a bit stressed anyway. So, can only sympathise and hope you can get it sorted very soon.

looviloo

May 3, 2015
Cheshire
On Lavender, sometimes it's the build up of the little things that tip our stress levels over the edge (I wrote about this only yesterday!). And the little things become massive when they are repeated over and over.

I find it especially hard to have patience if I'm having an 'off' day - we're humans after all, not machines! Sometimes a good cry does help :)

I have my fingers and everything crossed the job that your plumber can sort it out soon, and your mum calms down about the situation x

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Thanks everyone, I was really frustrated this morning and its carried on being one of those days. Role on bedtime!

My sister recently bought my mum a lovely photo frame for multiple photos (she can do nice things, just nothing practical like taking mum out, but that's a different moan). My camera is ok, but nothing fantastic and its about 10yrs old. I decided to invest in a new one so I can take some reason family photos to fill the frame for mum. Had a look on line and found a reasonable one in C**rys, according to the website it was in stock in the store on our nearest retail park, having got me and mum there the assistant said errhh it says we have one in stock, but I can't find it, maybe its wrong, picked another, errhh nooooo, we don't have that either even though it's on display, but guess what the one double the price I was willing to pay was available. I don't know if it's their rubbish website, but I wish they'd sort themselves instead of me dragging mum around for nowt!

This afternoon mum has been mega confused, doesn't live here, wants to go home to her mum and very tearful. I have to accept that our fruitless shopping trip was too much for her. Hopefully we'll both want an early night and that tomorrow will be better!

irismary

Feb 7, 2015
West Midlands
Oh yes the little things drive me nuts. I have a few small jobs that need doing and have rung numerous handymen - some don't make any contact, some ring and then don't turn up. So annoying - I know they don't know the situation but most advertise"no job too small" but that only applies if they haven't got a big job to do.

VonVee

Dec 15, 2014
Poole Dorset
Dear Lavender45,

Sorry I know this is an old post, but I had to laugh, because last week my washing machine broke down, and hasn't been working properly and making weird noises for a while, so last week I went online and bought a new one, instead of the hassle of booking an engineer to come out and have a look, which I can't cope with, it's being delivered on Wed 9th June, and I'm looking forward to the confusion and upset from my mother,Newhouse I find ha d to love/ like and who I have told about 20 times I'm getting a new machine and the reason why, but that won't stop her from asking again and again!

But least this new machine is 10 times better than my old one, and I can wash a duvet in it! So I'm happy.. Xx

Hello everyone.

Not a great start to the day here. Our washing machine started banging loudly yesterday and juddering about. Decided to get a new one rather than getting the old repaired. Ordering was nice and straightforward all on line, no stress with mum. Delivery was booked for today with them disconnecting the old machine and taking it away and of course fitting the new one.

Good enough we now have the new machine, but they didn't like how the old one was connected up so won't remove it and fit the new one. Upshot is the old machine hasn't moved an inch, the new one is sitting in the dining room and I've had to call a plumber who will take a look at what's needed tonight and see when he can do the job. Booked the council to take the old machine, but that'll be in 3 weeks time.

Mum in the meantime wants to go over and over the details as they are and has already started adding some colour to the tale, can't blame her, but my patience is pretty thin. Could cheerfully cry or scream, or both! Just what we needed, more hassle. Really wish things could be simple to save my patience and mum's confusion!

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Dear Lavender45,

Sorry I know this is an old post, but I had to laugh, because last week my washing machine broke down, and hasn't been working properly and making weird noises for a while, so last week I went online and bought a new one, instead of the hassle of booking an engineer to come out and have a look, which I can't cope with, it's being delivered on Wed 9th June, and I'm looking forward to the confusion and upset from my mother,Newhouse I find ha d to love/ like and who I have told about 20 times I'm getting a new machine and the reason why, but that won't stop her from asking again and again!

But least this new machine is 10 times better than my old one, and I can wash a duvet in it! So I'm happy.. Xx

Roll on the 9th for both of us, that is when the local council finally comes to collect our old machine.

Funny how something as simple as a new washing machine can give you such a thrill, yet cause such confusion (for our mums) at the same time.

Lavender x