he looks awful now

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
He had a fall and slightly cut his head today. The nursing home say he needs one to one care. The GP was called yesterday but i dont know what is going to happen. I think if he is left in the nursing home he will be sedated, but as his eating is so bad if they do this he will not eat at all ( even though this is just soft thicken food)If they take him into hospital i think they will do the same to stop him trying to wander as he is so weak he just falls. The Social Worker is going away but has given me emergency numbers and contacts. He says its up to the doctors now.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Chip...you're between a rock and a hard place..

My heart and humble prayers go out to you...

I do hope they can find out what's going on and find a solution..wish I had some answers for you..

Love Gigi xx

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
They have to reduce the Clonazipam to 1 a day to see what happens. The hospital Doc is going on Wednesday to see him or if he gets worse they have to contact the hospital. They might be taken him in to assess him. Its ether the clonazipam or deterioration.

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
So sorry chip to read your news, it is worse i think when you worry about falls as well, i should think the docs will asses his needs as he is so week, i hope they sort things out for him soon. [[HUGS]]Jan.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Been told he is so weak due to him not being able to eat. Nursing Home say they will phone if anything to report. They say on Wednesday they will know more when the hospital Doc goes.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You sound so worried Chip.
Do you have family and friends to support you, or are you struggling through this ordeal alone?

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Have a good friend in England who is on the phone to me every day even making sure i eat something, have slept, also to talk to etc. Everything happened at the same time. Hubby's very ill, my Dad's not well as well, I caught a viris and now my voice is going, My son applied for carers allowance as he is unemployed we thought he would get carer premium no they stopped his JSA and took back all the money and gave him the lower carers allowance. Then came the shock bill for the care home, and with that money worries. I was in tears and shaking.I have also waited over a year to get diagnoised and treated for my walking problem, so i've started to treat myself just to see if it works as it might be due to stress!! And i've still got next week to get through. My thoughts are very low at the moment.

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Chip
I am so sorry, you are going through such an ordeal at the moment. One thing seems to pile quickly on to another and from every direction imaginable. Your health is suffering too. Please look after yourself Chip.
Keep us posted about hubby. Keep talking to your friend.
take care
hendy

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Oh Chip, and here am I moaning about money, and here are you with your own health problems as well as money. Eh, what can I say, a big cuddle to you (and I am not noted for cuddles and it won't solve anything) but anyway I am sending one.

Margaret

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
I have been doing internet searches, and low and behold i found information that everything should be explained and it hasn't. Also he was on palliative care ( not sure if he is going back on it but it likely)and it says It is for the NHS to meet the full costs of that care wherether the care is undertaken by an NHS Trust , a voluntary body, a private sector company or any other provider ( and its underlined)perhaps i should put it on resources but its the Scottish one and its just been updated as well. I done a search on MEL(1994)22 and MEL(1994)104 also CEL6(2008. The phone call i get tomorrow is now going to be interesting.I also have if the person has an independant left at home the local authotity may agree to leave the person a larger allowance. As i haven't seen anything i don't no what they have done. What they print about Scotlands care is not what is happening.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Well the update is ------- No Phone Call------- They don't care, or is it ooppps she knows the system and we don't !! a letter is now going to be going in with the relavant information for them, and it will contain get it sorted or it will be going to parliment ( Scottish one) what really is going on:rolleyes:

117katie

No phone call? Surprise, surprise! Been waiting for one for about 3 weeks now!! Nay, even 3 months, or close to 2 years, in our situ.

"or is it ooppps she knows the system and we don't !!"

Yep,Chip, that is the way it appears to me!

Go, Chip, Go.

And if you need any assistance, then JUST CALL OUT MY NAME, AND YOU KNOW WHEREVER I AM, I'LL come running and will be by your side!

Katie

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Hubby is still the same. Reducing the clorazipam has made no difference. Now Wednesday to go the Doc thats going is the one that said he didn't qualify for continuing care yet 7 weeks after she discharged him he deteriorated and was put on palitive care. I don't think she wants to see me. I did tell her. I now have e mail addresses and phone numbers of people who i think will be very interested in what is going on.

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hi chip
Sorry theres no change in your husband's condition, I hope things start to improve soon, or perhaps it is a deterioration. Which ever the case , I hope he gets the nursing care he needs. It seems to be such a complicated situation especially regarding funding. I'm not sure I'm qualified to suggest, but could you 'push' for a review/re assessment. There is another thread where they've managed to win funding. although its probably different in Scotland.
You seem to be more positive right now
take care
hendy

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
I have all the guidelines they don't stand a chance. He is getting a assesment on Wednesday. As he was on Pallitive care in Feb it should have been funded by the NHS i have the new guidelines for Scotland (brought out last month)Its bad when carers have to tell and explain the system to the one's who are employed to do it.