New to this illness

purplehead

Jun 17, 2015
N Ireland
I am 51 very over weight had stroke 8 months ago and been diagnosed with vascular dementia some e days I am ok just balance problems other days I an I describe as vacant my partner has given up his work to care for me I feel so guilty destroying his life but I am afraid when he not with me I would love to talk people expiring same problems would love to start a blog don't no how

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Welcome to TP. Im sure you will find someone here with vascular dementia to talk to. I don't know how to blog either so cant help much:eek: Its nice to have you here as part of our community.
Love quilty

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Hello Purplehead

Like you I was diagnosed with vascular dementia at the age of 51, almost 2 years ago now. I also had a stroke.

This is a dreadful disease. Some days we could conquer the world, other days we can barely communicate.

The constant I that you are among friends here who know and understand.

Keep talking to us

John

purplehead

Jun 17, 2015
N Ireland
Thank you john it's good to talk to others who live with it every day
ohn51;1241509]Hello Purplehead

Like you I was diagnosed with vascular dementia at the age of 51, almost 2 years ago now. I also had a stroke.

This is a dreadful disease. Some days we could conquer the world, other days we can barely communicate.

The constant I that you are among friends here who know and understand.

Keep talking to us

John[/QUOTE]

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
I am 51 very over weight had stroke 8 months ago and been diagnosed with vascular dementia some e days I am ok just balance problems other days I an I describe as vacant my partner has given up his work to care for me I feel so guilty destroying his life but I am afraid when he not with me I would love to talk people expiring same problems would love to start a blog don't no how

will ask my daughter how the blogging works she does it all the time she doing multi meadia at uni and in her last year.
hers a link she sent me might help : www.wordpress.com

Last edited:

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello purplehead and very warm welcome here to Talking Point, thank you for introducing yourself, many of our members here have dementia, and it is enlightening for us as carers and who are indeed people who care to see the other side of this illness..I have herewith put a link(below) on how to do a blog,so hope it may help you, please do not ever think you are destroying your partners life, we cope, we can and do adjust and live each day to the full..please keep posting and take care.
Chris x
Herewith link:)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPeyLttxqo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77