Still seems so unreal

Yorkshire Girl

Jul 16, 2014
This just feels so odd.

This time 10 weeks ago we were having Sunday lunch with my mum reflecting on what a great 85th birthday party she'd had the previous day.

This time 9 weeks ago my mum died peacefully in hospital with all 3 children there two days after having a massive stroke.

And today, I have just accepted an offer on her house and my childhood home.

It feels so weird, I'm sad I've lost my mum, but relieved that she died before her Alzeheimers became severe, and I still can't get used to not being able to phone her and tell her things. So many mixed emotions I'm not sure what to think. I'm not even sure why I'm posting other than my husband is out for the day and I know that it anyone will get what I'm on about it's you lovely people.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Its the price we pay for love in our lives. I am sure your mum has left you so much from how she brought you up and your happy memories. Over time you will remember happy things and smile more but you will always miss her. Your mum would want you to be happy again. Allow yourself to grieve but try to think of happy times.

Yorkshire Girl

Jul 16, 2014
Its the price we pay for love in our lives. I am sure your mum has left you so much from how she brought you up and your happy memories. Over time you will remember happy things and smile more but you will always miss her. Your mum would want you to be happy again. Allow yourself to grieve but try to think of happy times.
The trouble is - it's the happy memories that set me off:eek: I was watching Wimbledon today and remembering how much she loved her sport. And then thinking about how this time last year we took her to see the Tour de France go through her home town and how she clapped and cheered and enjoyed the whole event.
I'm trying to sort out all the paperwork and her estate and everything whilst working full-time. I'm so tired and I'd just love a holiday but most of my days off are spent going up and down the road sorting out her house and everything.
Sorry - I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself today.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
We all feel low sometimes , hopefully tomorrow will be better x

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Hello, how I feel for you, I lost Dad just over 6 weeks ago (lost mum 5 yrs ago to dementia) just before dementia set in. You're ahead of me as so far we've just had viewings on the family home, no offers but I know am dreading the day I'll have to lock the door there for the last time. In the midst of this have started new job and moved to a totally new area. On my birthday yesterday it hit me - like you, I want to talk to him, ring him and send him photos of our rented house's jungle we're attacking! I'm managing to have photos of him in the house which I couldn't do with mum and talk to his photo frequently. just sending love and understanding to you - try and make time for yourself, to think and remember xxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Many condolences, Yorkshire Girl. I still remember vividly losing my mother to a sudden stroke aged 86 and that was 15 years ago and not AZ related.