I wish I knew how to do this!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Morning izzy and chick. Hrer's hoping chuggalug got some zzzzs since she hasn't been on overnight

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Coping chick but wishing it was Jan3rd. How about you.
Hoping chuggalug is OK. Hope her hubs is alright.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Aww bless you wish I could be there to listen and help ! It's so very hard sometimes sending hugs your way I too wonder about chuggalug and hope she's ok?! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

hokeycokey

Feb 24, 2014
Bemused - both! My work is as a Tour Manager and I bought a group to Jersey today for Christmas, leaving home at 5am for the early flight! Guilt monster rages on. Went to visit DH yesterday as obviously I'm not home on Christmas Day and I only visit once a week as he always wants to come with me and gets upset and yesterday was to be our Christmas. Went laden with presents and all the cards to us both which I'd not opened so we could do it together only to discover that a sickness bug had returned and no one could visit - I left with tears streaming. When I rang when I got home the girl I spoke to was so excited as her husband was throwing out (aka giving to a friends son) an old Mecanno set and she has snaffled it for DH as she thinks he'll like it. That was so kind!
Hope everyone is having a good day and that we get a good night tonight - I've decided I'm taking something to help me along ...

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Ah hokey cokey I'm so sorry you didn't get to see your husband today. No wonder you were in tears. I'll have a glass of something in support of you. Don't take this the wrong way but I hope we don't see each other in the middle of the night! xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I am on grandaughter watch tonight as she has a bad cough bless and is here for a sleep over hope all you ladies get a good sleep tonight , thinking of you Heike xx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
There is no easy way is there hokeycokey- guilt is a constant companion. That's really hard not being able to see your hubs on a special day.
Also thinking of Scarlett and wondering how I will cope when the time comes- something I try not to think about.
Hope all sleep and this thread remains silent apart from chuggalug wherever she is.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Had a couple of hours. No I am used to being on my own chuggalug and that's why I worry. I'm also pretty used to being invisible. So I understand having to hold it all togetherness but there are times when you wonder just how you're supposed to do it aren't there?

I used t spend so much time fighting with those thoughts, Bemused. I really am at the point, now, where I know I have no choice. TBH, I don't want a choice any more. I just want to be better at caring.

A listening ear would be lovely, but that would be a miracle! Thank God for this place, is all I can say. Just read everyone else's, then, I've got an update.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh YOOHOO!

Thank you all for standing by each other while I've been gone for a bit :) I've been dreadfully busy transferring files to me new lappy. It takes absolutely AGES to move albums from iTunes over to a new PC. That's where I've been. Up until half four yesterday, then a snooze, then more files today, and I STILL haven't finished :rolleyes:

Anyway, just wanted to thank those of you who asked after me and my hubby. We're both all right. Got a call earlier from someone at the hospital, who's coming to visit next Wednesday to check hubby's swallowing, whatever that involves. In the meantime, I'll be on here occasionally to let you all know I'm still roaming around. Please don't worry over me. I'm just busy getting me pooter sorted out. 'Bout another week should have things mostly done. I'm lovin' this new Windows 8.1. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Here's wishing you all a safe and quiet night and we'll catch up soon, aye :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Glad you're ok. Glad I've got a macbook!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Lovely to hear from you chuggalug and knowing you and hubs are ok phew wishing you all a merry Christmas without too many incidents and all of us a steady and better new year xxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I used t spend so much time fighting with those thoughts, Bemused. I really am at the point, now, where I know I have no choice. TBH, I don't want a choice any more. I just want to be better at caring.

A listening ear would be lovely, but that would be a miracle! Thank God for this place, is all I can say. Just read everyone else's, then, I've got an update.

Ah this really rings a bell for me ! I hold it all in and speak to no one about how I feel as I am too scared to let it all out and then I won't be able to stop! Sometimes I get so worried about of what's to come in the future. I can't always find the words , sad really. Like you bemused I feel invisible and incredibly lonely at times amongst people! So I just carry on doing the best I can much love to you all Heike xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad we have TP where we can come and share how we feel with others who understand.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Miracles - a good nights sleep!

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Been awake since 4.45, as OH is constipated which has necessitated visits to the bathroom every 5 minutes since 5.00. He seems to think I have a magic solution that will work instantly but I can only offer Laxido! Stayed up wrapping presents till 11.30 last night so feeling a bit jaded.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Been awake since 4.45, as OH is constipated which has necessitated visits to the bathroom every 5 minutes since 5.00. He seems to think I have a magic solution that will work instantly but I can only offer Laxido! Stayed up wrapping presents till 11.30 last night so feeling a bit jaded.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Well, I beat'cha! Haven't even been to bed since yesterday! Too busy. And I've just got back from shopping. Joy of joys, a bit of hardware turned up yesterday, and me new software just arrived not long after I got back. So you all know what I'll be doing over the next few days.

Some love a glass of wine. I love an Acer, hahahahahahaha! xx

Jinx, we oughta tell each other off. "Oi you, get to bed. Now!" Somethin' like that, lol:D I do hope you get some rest, Jinx. I'm wiped out, but that's totally self-inflicted this time.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77