put up the tree today,hope not for last time,,,

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
morning all,
put up the tree today,mum always loved xmas,and went the xtra mile to make it a special time for us all:):):),
told the carer,and we said when mum is pushed in2 lounge just let her look at the door at the tree and decs,,was hoping to see her face light up,,but she just looked arround,,we both said can u see anything different,but nothing,,,then the penny dropped and she noticed it:):)and the face did light up,,,,
but through the morning although shes chatting bout it,she seems to think were somewhere else,now shes talking bout seending cards to her relations,,sadly all dead:(her mobility and memery getting worse,,im so sorry 4 her:(
i just wander weither this will be the last xmas poor old love spends with me,,i dont mean passing on as seems heathy:(but fear might need to consider nursing home b4 next xmas,given the decline over this yr,,,,
im totally like so many fearing the day when she goes there,i just dont know how i can get the strengh to let her go,,,so so sad,,,,
thanks for reading,,,and may i wish you all and you loved 1s you care for a very merry xmas and happy and healthy new yr,,,,may all our problems be small
love to u all,,,xxxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
morning all,
put up the tree today,mum always loved xmas,and went the xtra mile to make it a special time for us all:):):),
told the carer,and we said when mum is pushed in2 lounge just let her look at the door at the tree and decs,,was hoping to see her face light up,,but she just looked arround,,we both said can u see anything different,but nothing,,,then the penny dropped and she noticed it:):)and the face did light up,,,,
but through the morning although shes chatting bout it,she seems to think were somewhere else,now shes talking bout seending cards to her relations,,sadly all dead:(her mobility and memery getting worse,,im so sorry 4 her:(
i just wander weither this will be the last xmas poor old love spends with me,,i dont mean passing on as seems heathy:(but fear might need to consider nursing home b4 next xmas,given the decline over this yr,,,,
im totally like so many fearing the day when she goes there,i just dont know how i can get the strengh to let her go,,,so so sad,,,,
thanks for reading,,,and may i wish you all and you loved 1s you care for a very merry xmas and happy and healthy new yr,,,,may all our problems be small
love to u all,,,xxxxx

Afternoon to you caring a, sorry to hear about your mum's condition.

My partner's family always had more of a Christmas celebration than mine, so I tend to go along with it to keep her happy. She was so pleased to know the cards went out and when the (cheap) tree went up she brightened up, so as long as she can enjoy these little pleasures there is hope.

All the best to you for Christmas and the new year, hope it is better than you fear.

halojones

May 7, 2014
Hello caring, how lovely that you are making such an effort for your mum, and even if it is just that light up smile that we get then it is worth it, isn't it...I , like you ,am going to make it a lovely Xmas, when I turned the lounge into an explosion at the tinsel factory, I told mum its Xmas so I am making it nice and chrismassy, she said," oh I don't bother with it at my age", but like you, it could be our last....we are already tucking into the Xmas chocolates...:D We could not do any more than what we are doing, and you are amazing how you are with your mum..The way I see it, if eventually mum has to go into a CH then at least the time I have cared for her is special, and she has had the best I can do, that is what is important....Thank you for your lovely post, and of course have a special Christmas with your dear mum xxx

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
thanks halo,
lovely coments and good wishes,i do try my best but just at times i get the feeling im slowly getting bet,,,but then alls going again and ok,,thing is some say get more help,,,but,,,if i sorted a carer to come more at afternoon and bed,,i know theywouldnt come on time,,so mum would be put bed 2 hours before she wanted or 2 after,,which inturn wouldnt be a help would be an hinderence:)so i like you just plod on,,,answer as she wants to hear,and just make each day as much fun as possible,,xxx
Hello caring, how lovely that you are making such an effort for your mum, and even if it is just that light up smile that we get then it is worth it, isn't it...I , like you ,am going to make it a lovely Xmas, when I turned the lounge into an explosion at the tinsel factory, I told mum its Xmas so I am making it nice and chrismassy, she said," oh I don't bother with it at my age", but like you, it could be our last....we are already tucking into the Xmas chocolates...:D We could not do any more than what we are doing, and you are amazing how you are with your mum..The way I see it, if eventually mum has to go into a CH then at least the time I have cared for her is special, and she has had the best I can do, that is what is important....Thank you for your lovely post, and of course have a special Christmas with your dear mum xxx

halojones

May 7, 2014
I know what you mean about the carers, when we had a carer once a week to help shower mum, it was much more of a hassle than a help....I think your mum is further down the illness than my mum is, but obviously it is a one way outcome for all of us...If my mum gets too much for me to care for, then I will have to have her looked after in a c.h...we can only do so much, and both of us have totally done our best (as do all the carers)Like you say, we can enjoy Xmas as much as we can, then its a new year and big decisions to be made, no doubt ...At least we have the support of TPr and know that we are not alone...Take Care xxx

Torontonian

Jan 29, 2014
Toronto, Ontario CANADA
We have put up our Christmas tree as well... the plastic kind... all decorated and the lights too... she was happy to see it light up but now she keeps worrying the lights will catch fire.. of course I keep saying no, they won't but I suppose I have to turn the lights off at night..

The main difference this year is that she didn't bother changing the location of the ornaments. Always in the past, whatever I did, she changed... in the morning the certain ornaments were looking this way... when I came home from work, they were looking the other way... she was busy all day relocating the ornaments and balancing the colour around, etc. Not this year. She hasn't touched anything or make a suggestion but she likes looking at it:)

Merry Christmas to all and a health Happy New Year!!

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
and a happy 1 to you too torronto,
your mum seems simular to mine,interested when prompted ,as today on the trees second day up,she never noticed it or comemted,indeed when i said the trees nice and sparkly,she replied yes its a lovely fire:(it is an open fire and was glowing but it just brings it home how this illness contantly eats away at the person ,
have a good one,,:eek::eek::eek::eek: