Pete's long goodbye is over

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Lyn I am so so sorry to read your news. Your strength and commitment and love has been second to none. I am glad Pete is at peace and i send love and my condolences. xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Oh Lyn, I am so sorry to hear this news. It's a real shock.....as it must be a thousandfold for you. Your extraordinary love and commitment shone though all your posts.

Pete is finally at peace and I wish you all the best in the weeks to come.

(((Hugs)))

Lindy xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I am sorry to read of Pete's passing but I am glad he had you with him and he is at peace now. It has been such a hard and stressful time for both of you but Pete couldn't have had a more loving, caring wife and I am sure, in some way, he will have been aware of your love supporting him all this time. Big, supportive hugs for you, take care, xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
O lord Lyn. Only just seen this and can't believe it.
O what a struggle you've both been though.
Mixed feelings now -
I'm relieved poor Pete's suffering is at an end but so sad for you.
I'm so glad you were there but I can imagine how you are feeling.
So much sympathy Lyn - and love and compassion.
A massive hug-xxxxx

halojones

May 7, 2014
I am so sorry for your loss Lyn, my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this sad time..xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Dear LynT l am crying with you, l feel your pain, you did your best with your beloved right to the end, l pray tonight that peace be with you. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Ah, Lyn. Always the saddest messages. I wish I knew how to comfort you. I'm so sorry to see your news. Please accept my loving condolences.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Your strength never ceased to amaze me,Pete was a very lucky man to have you as his wife.

Sending the sincere Sympathy. xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you all for your immediate and loving support.

I'm just trying to catch my breath. When I went to visit today Pete was in his bed as he was waiting for the DN to look over his skin again. He was agitated and hallucinating. The Carers put his bed in an upright position and I fed him his lunch-it was liquidised. Then he suddenly was sick. I pressed the panic button and a carer came rushing in. I knew it was bad. His eyes rolled back in his head, he breathed twice and that was it he was gone. What if I killed him by feeding him? What if something got stuck in his throat? I shouldn't have fed him-I know it.

I helped the Manager and Senior Carer wash him and change his clothes. I told him his Mum, Dad and Sister were waiting for him and would look after him until we met again. I reminded him of the times we had traveled separately (when he was a Lecturer and had longer holidays than I did) and we met up later in some far off part of the world. I told him this was the same type of journey. I have to believe that. I have to believe we will meet again.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Lyn

Don't you dare start what iffing!

What if an airplane crashed on the care home? What if lightening struck the CH and the roof fell in.

STOP IT.

Someone had to feed Pete, if not you someone else, you all knew how to feed him, so enough lady.

Sorry.. I just want to stop you before you really start believing your thoughts.

You are in my thoughts Lyn, I hope for a peacefully night for you, I hope you are not alone. If you are I will be standing behind you holding your hand.

Love Helen xx

geum123

May 20, 2009
Oh dear Lyn,
I am so sorry to read this news, but I am glad that Pete is no longer suffering.

Thinking of you at this sad time and wishing you strength for the days to come. xxxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Lyn, I am sorry you are feeling such distress. You say that the lunch was liquidised so it is extremely unlikely that anything would have stuck in his throat. You say he vomited, so it was clear. It obviously is the case that it was his time to go, that it happened then is just a very unfortunate co-incidence. Please, try hard to put that thought from your mind, had Pete been a patient of mine when I was nursing, I would have thought and said exactly the same. It really is a case of unfortunate timing and nothing you caused. Big hugs xx