Finally,some happy news

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Phew,sw has rung and my aunt can move closer to me to the brand new home,I am so happy but now worrying she may be sad and be confused when she gets there.A week today so got to start planning it.Any suggestions? This does mean no more 2 hour there and two hour back journeys.I can visit when I want now,so relieved.x

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Very pleased for you, that's lovely news. She will possibly be confused but will forget the other home, will she not? No direct experience though.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
That's excellent news. I am so pleased for you.
Are you able to go to her room before she gets there and put some of her things there so it looks a little more familiar when she arrives?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Phew,sw has rung and my aunt can move closer to me to the brand new home,I am so happy but now worrying she may be sad and be confused when she gets there.A week today so got to start planning it.Any suggestions? This does mean no more 2 hour there and two hour back journeys.I can visit when I want now,so relieved.x

Well done for being so dogged in your determination to move your Aunt.

I expect she will be very confused for a little while-that would be expected. Try to make her room like the one she has now-photo's cushions etc. That may help.

It may also help if you are going to be there to greet her at the new home.

The very best of luck

Lyn T

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
That's excellent news. I am so pleased for you.
Are you able to go to her room before she gets there and put some of her things there so it looks a little more familiar when she arrives?

Hi Saffie,I am hoping to,I want to make it like her room is now as it is identical down to bedspread anyway,I am just worried she may pine but she loves meeting new people and there will only be about 3 residents.thank you xxx

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Well done for being so dogged in your determination to move your Aunt.

I expect she will be very confused for a little while-that would be expected. Try to make her room like the one she has now-photo's cushions etc. That may help.

It may also help if you are going to be there to greet her at the new home.

The very best of luck

Lyn T
Hi Lyn,
I am taking her there,will be taxi but it am hoping I can put some stuff in before hand, this will be so much better for her,I can visit every day,plus be there in 5 mins for emergencies.Thank You xxx

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Very pleased for you, that's lovely news. She will possibly be confused but will forget the other home, will she not? No direct experience though.

Hi Oxy,
She already is confused,I just want to make her happy and make sure she is ok and close so I can see her anytime and be there for her.Thank You xxx

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
So wish it will go smoothly for you both. Your aunt is so lucky to have such a caring niece and the fact that you are able to spend considerable time with her should help to ease the shock of a move. Ultimately it is only the best for both of you.
The others with more direct experience have very good suggestions to aid the settling in period.

Dolly Daydream

Oct 13, 2014
My husband was in a nursing home 18miles from me for12 months. Have finally got him moved to a nursing home near me. I was worried at the time thinking am I doing the right thing moving him. I took personal things the day before. He has been there now5weeks, he looks better and happy there as I can visit more often. He settled in the first week. I also feel better now that he is more settled and nearer me

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
My husband was in a nursing home 18miles from me for12 months. Have finally got him moved to a nursing home near me. I was worried at the time thinking am I doing the right thing moving him. I took personal things the day before. He has been there now5weeks, he looks better and happy there as I can visit more often. He settled in the first week. I also feel better now that he is more settled and nearer me

Hi Dolly Daydream,I am glad to hear that and I'm hoping my aunt is happier too, I have waited for this home to be built and ready,It will be so much easier in every aspect and now I can visit even when I work.I am so happy,plus my dad can visit again now as half hour travel is fine for him.Thank you xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morag1067