knickers

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Mums knickers have nearly all disappeared.:eek: just had to pop to m and s to buy some more. Has anyone else had this trouble. Silly me asked my where's all your knickers gone. Course her reply was I DONT KNOW.:confused: any ideas what to do. Any suggestions welcome. lindax

Beenie

Jan 14, 2013
Surrey
Keep an eye on your drains! We had to have out pipes rodded twice over the bank holiday weekend once the toilet was blocked with a banana skin and a tshirt and the second time 2 pairs of pants

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
Probably in the dustbin or down the loo, at least they're replaceable. Mum's disposed of our family photo's and documents which used to be in a box in the loft :(

Beenie

Jan 14, 2013
Surrey
Is she incontinent? Perhaps she's been flushing them down to loo, or throwing them in the bin if they are soiled!:eek:

Have you checked the freezer?
Made me chuckle! We used to call my aunt frosty knickers because she was very stern! Maybe that's where she kept hers

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
loveabug pip your properly right, yet another job to add to the list of many check the bins, at least its just knickers. Looks like m and s sales are going to go up. Thanks forgetting back. Not a terrible problem but just wanted to know I wasn't own my own.lindax

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
You could introduce her to pantie liners if she's just got urge incontinence, but they cause their own problems if not dealt with appropriately. Missing knickers may be hidden at the back of drawers or in carrier bags. Check behind radiators and in the garden. Wear gloves! If knickers are getting soiled then clothes chairs and bedlinen will also need checking. Has she forgotten how to do laundry?

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Hi katrine yeah I've been doing the laundry for months. I've been looking around the house all this morning. I think she must have been throwing them in the bin over the weeks. Will check the places that you suggested. whos knows what will happen next. They must have been going over the weeks. Did keep thinking where was her knickers when sorting the washing Thanks lindax

Last edited:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Linda

Perhaps your Mum has been soiling them and feels upset at the thought?
I know that my OH used to hide poo in loads of places and even tried to put some down the basin in the bathroom.:eek:Pants would then be put back in the drawer:eek:

From a very young age we are taught that using the loo is a private thing; maybe she finds it difficult to tell you what she has done? Or maybe she thinks 'dirty' and chucks them out.

Take care

Lyn T

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
I think your right lyn T just keep checking, that she's not putting back in the drawers:eek: just another phase, that we will have to work through I suppose. Invisibles get away with it yet again

cobden28

Jan 31, 2012
If you're having to replace knickers on a regular basis, go for the cheapo ones sold on market stalls. They're a lot less expensive than Markies' ones.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Hi Linda,

Only last week, when Mil complained that she had 'no clean pants', checking her bedroom draws revealed that she had gone from 40 pairs - to just 11 :( I'm pretty certain that as she seems to be struggling to use loo paper, her knicks are getting stained and she is putting them into the bin - I have, befor now, found nighties, dressing gown and a full set of bedding, crammed into the bin in the bathroom, for that very reason.

I've now got into the habit of checking the bin, every morning once she has finished dressing, and have 'rescued' two pairs already in the last few days. I've tried giving her a 'laundry' bag for her room, and suggesting all her washing goes into that, but so far, it remains empty, despite reminders, and I am still having to do a daily 'sweep' of the room and her wardrobe to find/collect her washing. If I ask her to bring down any washing she has, half the time she tells me that she has none.

Although I've found dirty clothes in the wardrobe, including urine stained trousers, thankfully, I've yet to find dirty undies have been placed back in the drawers - thank goodness!!!!

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Hi Ann mac my mum went through a phase of putting dirty clothes back in the wardrobe and I put it back in the laundry basket, she don't fold things as neat as me so they stuck out a mile. That stopped but now this seems to be the ew thing for me to do. Do a sweep tomorrow again. Its like going on a mission. :( what next a A M

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
What next? Lol - who knows!!!!

I've posted before saying that it feels like Mils dementia has become a runnaway train, after 3 years of a slow decline, now things are changing and deteriorating by the day - just never know what you are going to have to deal with next!

I am so glad I found TP - the advice and support is about the only thing keeping me sane!

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Feel the same, Ann Mac. thank goodness were not alone. Just telling kassy that got a sad day tomorrow, going to a funeral. D,s aunt died but off to wedding Saturday, fascinator and all. xx:)

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Feel the same, Ann Mac. thank goodness were not alone. Just telling kassy that got a sad day tomorrow, going to a funeral. D,s aunt died but off to wedding Saturday, fascinator and all. xx:)

So sorry to hear about the funeral, hun xxx

But - OH, I LOVE weddings - got a few lined up this year, as photographer - hard work, but so nice to be a part of such a happy day. Hope we get to see a pic of you in your fascinator :D

I'm 'escaping' for one night this weekend too - a friend is a big ballroom fan, and belongs to a club. They are having a night at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom, and I am going along as Photographer :D We leave Saturday lunchtime, and won't be back till late afternoon, on Sunday - I am soooooooooooooooooo excited :D

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
I've been in the Blackpool tower ballroom, there was a couple of old dears spinning around the dance floor it was like been shot back in time. Bless. Hope you enjoy your break. And take some great shot. lindaxx