Sometimes a girl just needs her mam

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Not had a good morning today.

I've just had an operation and was feeling a bit rough, and suddenly I just wanted my mam. The tears started and I've struggled to get them under control.

Pre-Alzheimer's, my mam would have been a tower of strength to me in this situation.

I miss her so much.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Thank you everyone. I keep thinking about how strong and supportive my mam was when I had my last baby a month early, and knowing that she'll never be that way ever again is so very hard to bear.

All hugs very welcome xx

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Aww I know CG. There are times only a mum will do. Hope you are feeling stronger soon. You have lots of surrogate mums and sisters on here! ;) xxx

P.S You have had 6 views and 6 replies. That means everyone who read how you are feeling replied. That's good going, don't think I've seen that before! That's a lot of cyber hugs right there! :D x

Last edited:

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
Im not going to pass by without offering you a big gentle hug too. One of my friends once said to me that we never really grow up until our parents are no longer around for whatever reason and when dementia takes them it really feels like that....

I hope you feel a bit brighter soon - post op blues are really common, without throwing poorly relatives into the mix xxxx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
You've all made me cry again ...

And a small miracle has happened, once again, when I needed it. Dad brought mam to see me, I was asleep on the sofa and woke up when they came in. Mam sat at the side of me, took me in her arms and gave me a lovely cuddle.

And when they left a few minutes later (she couldn't settle), once again she put her arms around me and hugged me and I was able to tell her I love her and how glad I was that she'd been to see me.

She's still there, somewhere, isn't she, my mam?

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Oh CollegeGirl, now you have made me cry too, so glad you have had this moment with your Mum, treasure it, yes she is still there, how absolutely wonderful, you have hugs from me too(()) get well soon xx

Ange

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
CG, such a precious moment, how wonderful. It must have warmed your heart so much, that hug must have been worth more than gold, treasure it.

It's always bittersweet though, isn't it? It almost makes the dark moments darker somehow, a real awareness of what has been lost.

Hope you're recovering and can wrap yourself in the warmth of that hug and all the hugs on here too.
BIG HUGS, xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Sending you a hug too but it pales into insignificance compared to the lovely hugs from your Mam. I am so glad she came to see you.

Take care xx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
CG your post brought tears(nice ones) to my eyes, so glad this moment was so special to you when you really needed it:) my own mum was never one to give a cuddle, however since this illness is with her she now gives me a hug every time she sees me...have waited so many years for this, so am so pleased this has brought a smile to your face and feel sure this will help you recover from your operation, long may it last CG...and sending a hug from me also, in fact a mega hug xxxxxxxxxxx take care
Chris x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 363