Own up

The loo brush may have gone wherever the two nice breakfast plates with the orange poppies went last night.

Mother believes in laying the table properly at night for breakfast... and two of the plates weren't in the cupboard. I'd washed them up in the afternoon, left Mother doing the drying up and (dangerously) the putting away. They weren't in the fridge, freezer, every other kitchen cupboard, kitchen bin, dustbin, shed, bathroom, study, her room, our room, every kitchen cupboard again, mending box, under chairs in lounge, under her bed, under her pillow (popular place), aaaargh. Laid the table with a couple of non-matching plates. Went to bed.

This morning, all 3 matching plates are on table! Husband is having a lie in and I haven't yet asked him where the *&^%&* he found them.

Just so pleased that they weren't hidden away anywhere broken: there was just the one odd plate of this rather 60s crockery when we came here to look after Mother, and husband liked it so much he kept putting it on the top of the pile of random crockery in the cupboard, to smile at it. So by the help of the wonderful eBay I've collected a 3-of-everything breakfast set, on the basis of trying to improve his life in little ways while wrecking it large-scale by staying here with Mother.

I hope your loo brush reappears just as magically.

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
May I add to the list for future searches? Cooker, microwave, washing up bowl, wrapped in a t-towel, under the newspaper, bedroom drawers, wardrobes, inside a suitcase, or IN HER HANDBAG! :D

We are convinced that MIL has a secret room or cellar in her tiny bungalow because things keep appearing from :confused: who knows where, when we think we've been through the place with a fine tooth comb. We thought it was just a bookcase, but...

Attachments

• Secret_Room.jpg
    Secret_Room.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

KatieB

Nov 22, 2010
Glasgow
It would have been my dad. He will have it in one of his many shopping trollies. If you ask him though, he'll accuse his carers and me.
KatieB

xyz

Nov 23, 2011
As serious as this is, I'm with Leonora7. Thank you, the replies have make me laugh too!!!

The plates were in the right cupboard all the time, just in the wrong pile, under a pile of unrelated crockery. And I thought I'd looked e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e for them.

Anyway, I'm glad they turned up, though I feel a bit of a twit that I couldn't see them last night. They were about eight inches away from where they should have been. MOTHER HAS GOT TOO MUCH CROCKERY, AND HER CUPBOARDS ARE TOO BIG! So it's her fault really.

Hope the loo brush rematerialises. Worth checking within a one foot radius of where it ought to be. Other side of the loo? Behind the waste paper basket? Who knows.

hollycat

Nov 20, 2011
The BOG BRUSH

I know who has got it, where it is and why..........

COLONEL MUSTARD, IN THE BILLIARD ROOM, WITH THE BOG BRUSH !

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Would whoever has taken my mother's toilet brush please return it immediately. Otherwise the finger of suspicion is falling on the cleaner..... :(

John

Sorry, John, couldn't help laughing. My father in law used to furiously accuse his neighbours of nicking the pedestal mat around his downstairs loo - the mankiest thing imaginable, his aim wasn't very good (sorry) - only someone with dementia could imagine anyone wanting to nick it. We had chucked it and bought a new one - no use telling him that, of course, it was the dastardly thieves next door...

only someone with dementia could imagine anyone wanting to nick it

Quite: that's the comedic side of this which I'm glad to see has seeded such a rich vein of humour and brought a smile to several people. I'll report back when (or if) my sleuthing pays dividends!

Meanwhile, look out for shady characters who, under cover of darkness, may have a bog-brush poking out the top of their Swag-bag...... :mad:

alex

Apr 10, 2006
I reckon it could be in the safe.......thats where my Mum finds her best knickers when they go missing :D It kinda makes sense cos it is a safe place to keep them :rolleyes: would be better if she could remember the combination tho :)

Then again.......it could have been my Mum who knicked your brush as she rang me at 8am last week to say she was all dressed, ready and waiting for me to pick her up.......I asked where we were going?........she replied "To Court, its the start of my big Court Case today" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Alex x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finbar54