Report triangle for blogs ?

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Hi,
Might it be worth while putting a report triangle on blogs as well as threads, I know this is one for the moderators but I thought I'd raise it for your next housekeeping ideas meeting.
With kind regards from Jo

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Bastan

Jo has logged off now.

At the top of every post, in the right hand corner, is a red triangle with an !. If you object to any post, be it spam, or against the rules of TP, click on the triangle and it will send a report to all moderators and administrators.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
This is from the Help pages which explains when you need to use it.

You can report an offending post directly through the forum system
To do this, you need to first find the warning symbol. To the right of the post number in a thread is a warning symbol:

Click the warning symbol and the message editor will appear.
Type in your complaint about the other person's post and press 'Send Report'.

Attachments

• Report Triangle.JPG
    Report Triangle.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 441

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Thank you.
Sorry I hadn't spotted that before, it just goes to show how well thought through this site is and the hard work that has gone into it.
It's very much appreciated, with best wishes from Jo

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Thank you.

I wonder if you'd be kind enough to tell me how so many of you do the Quote thingy, that comes up in a grey box.

Bastan x

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Bastan, hi
I'm a novice but there is a 'quote' at the bottom of each post, use that instead of the new reply link, have a look and see if you can see it, then experiment with what happens.
Others will be along to give you more info,
cheers, Jo

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Bastan

You click on the Quote tab at the bottom of the post and you get the full post. Delete the text you do not want and leave the text you do want. Hey Presto! A quote. :)

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I still can't get the hang of putting part of the quote on my post.

I know you delete the bits of the quote you don't want but when i preview it,its wrong.:confused:

Just make sure you keep the words in square brackets at the start and end of the quote intact.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Just make sure you keep the words in square brackets at the start and end of the quote intact.

Alternatively copy and paste the words into a reply, then highlight them and click the quote tool.

I still can't get the hang of putting part of the quote on my post.

I know you delete the bits of the quote you don't want but when i preview it,its wrong

Attachments

• Quote.png
    Quote.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 403

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Bastan, hi
Whoopee, wow wow, wonderful and well done :)
Oola, this technology business is all within our reach.
Cheers Jo