Dear Diary!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Hope you’re feeling better today!
:)

A bit rough with temp steady at 37.5 but not as huffy puffy today. Going to bed earlier means a bit of extra work for myself and my body just hasn't caught up with the new zedding routine yet methinks!!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
hope you feel better soon, being ill and a carer is not fun.
Us chaps tend to exaggerate ;) but in this instance felt very yucko yesterday, didn't even feel like my 2am meal... now that's very serious indeed!! Over compensated today food-wise which was another big mistake 🤢 and as mum still expects the same 'high standards' of care... ;)

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Us chaps tend to exaggerate ;) but in this instance felt very yucko yesterday, didn't even feel like my 2am meal... now that's very serious indeed!! Over compensated today food-wise which was another big mistake 🤢 and as mum still expects the same 'high standards' of care... ;)
so she should!!! :) :) 🔔

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
In bed really early last night as mum was shattered after exercising her brain muscles for most of mid-to-late pm, unsurprisingly it takes a heavier toll than any physical exertions. This all led to a very challenging night but worth the price!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Hmm, had hopes of lunch out today at the park but we're both a bit knackered - mum a little disappointed however accepting of situation, fingers crossed for a good night and a positive rerun tomorrow...

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hope you're not blown off course by Storm Kathleen!

th

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Hope you're not blown off course by Storm Kathleen!

th
😆😆😆 postponed once again due to our own late night turbulence! Should have learnt by now... spontaneity is the name of game, getting closer though :)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Went to bed much later yesterday night, I feel better and mum feels better too as a result. Two unexpected personal visits today with larger than expected results which may have been part of the problem as well, unusual as she is pretty regular but at least the 'backlog' is cleared!! Tonight will be the tester with hopes of trundling forth tomorrow ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Mum looking tired - takes half an hour to get ready so I'm starting to cave a bit. Yep, eyes going so here we go!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
50mph winds gusting, rain belting down like bullets, can't beat British weather eh? Anyways up only three times to assist mum last night for personal visits, still an improvement on the majority of last week with very early darts to bed and five nighttime trips :) Mum smiling and appreciative so worthwhile, final visit at 4am consequently a solid four and a half hours of zedding thereafter for her. Total bonus!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
I have just caught up with your diary, you and your mum are amazing.
She's amazing @SeaSwallow ;) I'm just along for the ride haha!! Yep lots of ups and downs but mum's an inspiring character, if she can manage so can I 😇 Just devouring her sandwiches (independently) now and watching 'Timewatch' with Alice Roberts so all good... touch wood!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Still able to anticipate need without compromising choice! Mum can be so helpful in this exercise as she says/indicates so much with her eyes when unable to verbalise or decipher my queries, occasionally hit & miss - process of elimination eventually gets us there together though. Always finds a way does my mum regardless of any obstacles placed in her way :) I supported individuals with extremely complex needs back in the day, we used this model and that model of care, a variety of assessment tools, scales & such but supporting mum has reminded me a clinical approach is not necessarily the human one, the right one so to speak. Fortunately I've got mum to re-educate me on these matters and oh boy does she remind me haha ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Hmm, posting a lot lately but it feels good to do so :)

Mum likes to hear my voice all the time and we often have 'conversations' throughout the day, never been a big talker unless on the professional/academic front so it's been a big change for me as you can guess. I've realised though this will carry on from the moment we get up until she finally settles to sleep which can be a lot of hours!! My question is does anyone ever run out of 'chat'? I'm not complaining - far from it but I also wondered whether this was a common phenomenon..? Just asking 🤔

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
My Mum used to say “I just like to hear your voice”, my sister was much better at it than me. But I think my OH does too, so as he can no longer read I will read to him, he usually falls asleep quite quickly😏. Does your Mum like listening to pod casts or the radio, might give you a ‘chat’ break.