Can I ... Should I?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
@HillyBilly (can't believe that worked at first attempt, serious pat on the back) .... could you share the recipe for the scrummy vegetable bake, pretty please. I'm thinking of trying it on mum as a change.

I'm thinking, onions, courgette, egg, lol
Vegetable bake?? Recipe?? @HillyBilly - you know we have a Recipes thread in the Tea Room, which would gratefully receive all offerings of recipes!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
@rosy18 Sam's just said you need to wash! :eek::eek::D:D

Ha ha.

Opened up the iPad, refreshed, spotted my typo & amended (soap to slap), still showing as last post. Click on notifications thingy & hey presto, later posts.

Moan. Why do I have to come out of the thread & go back in before it shows later posts? Really irritating me

Anyway ... Rosy, I meant slap / make up / lippy... wouldn't dream of saying you need to clean up :p

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Oo er missus, well it wasn't really a recipe as such @Sam Luvit !
Partially cooked potato slices, lots of tomatoes (halved), garlic, courgette slices and coarsely chopped basil all roasted in some sunflower oil in a big roasting pan. When all nearly nicely cooked, break eggs into little wells made in the veggies and shove back in the oven until eggs are set. Ta dah!

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
@HillyBilly (can't believe that worked at first attempt, serious pat on the back) .... could you share the recipe for the scrummy vegetable bake, pretty please. I'm thinking of trying it on mum as a change.

I'm thinking, onions, courgette, egg, lol

Could you pass it on to me as well please. Mum will no longer eat any meat or fish so I keep trying veggie meals and I've run out of ideas

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Ha ha.

Opened up the iPad, refreshed, spotted my typo & amended (soap to slap), still showing as last post. Click on notifications thingy & hey presto, later posts.

Moan. Why do I have to come out of the thread & go back in before it shows later posts? Really irritating me

Anyway ... Rosy, I meant slap / make up / lippy... wouldn't dream of saying you need to clean up :p
:p:p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oo er missus, well it wasn't really a recipe as such @Sam Luvit !
Partially cooked potato slices, lots of tomatoes (halved), garlic, courgette slices and coarsely chopped basil all roasted in some sunflower oil in a big roasting pan. When all nearly nicely cooked, break eggs into little wells made in the veggies and shove back in the oven until eggs are set. Ta dah!

It was blooming lurvly

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Sam, I'm sorry that you re finding it difficult to get back into 'Dementia Mode'. Not being able to find things must make that harder :( I am glad that you enjoyed seeing your son though :)

Rosy, I hope you managed to get to Singing for the Brain. The idea of joining in the Memory Walk in spirit sounds lovely.

Mum was much more 'with it' yesterday, spoke a little, exchanged winks with me and enjoyed watching 'Songs of Praise'. I find it so hard to adjust to these constant up and downs . . .

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sam, I'm sorry that you re finding it difficult to get back into 'Dementia Mode'. Not being able to find things must make that harder :( I am glad that you enjoyed seeing your son though :)

Mum was much more 'with it' yesterday, spoke a little, exchanged winks with me and enjoyed watching 'Songs of Praise'. I find it so hard to adjust to these constant up and downs . . .

Hi Slugsta

Yes, looking for things that should be "there" is driving me nuts, I couldn't find the apple sauce I knew I bought last week, emptied the fridge & several cupboards before I found it, with mum saying "I didn't move it". She's lucky the food wasn't charcoal :oops: I am struggling with my temper. But I keep walking away & trying again. She must be swilling with Latte :rolleyes:

I had so many hugs with youngest. We were both sticking up :p It's the longest time I've not seen him :( He phoned today to check I was ok :D He's saving for his wedding & has told his future in-laws, he is paying :cool:

I'm glad your mum is more with it, the shared winks sound cute o_O, although I can sort of understand how hard it is for you. Dads stroke meant he lost 25/30 years of memory & it was hard putting on a smile & joking about my brother going grey overnight. Have a squishy hug & hang onto the memories o_O

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
How did you guess?!

Leftover creations are the best. So many surprises. Mum overdid the rice one time & decided to use it up (her one & only decent attempt at cooking)

Onions, garlic & sausages, add cooked rice & keep flipping in the pan till the rice is warm & a bit crispy. Serve with fried eggs to add moisture. Sounds awful, but it's tasty & quick. Also uses whatever is in the fridge & changed over time

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Offered J a lift to the shops, her & I then stood around while mum searched for her card. Think J now understands my frustration. All my offers to help were slapped down, so we both stood while mum messed about looking in obviously silly places. It turned up eventually, she'd put her book on top of it :eek:

It was raining as I parked up, funny how the disabled spots were all taken with young people sitting in their cars :mad: Mum & J went in while I sorted stuff, with specific instruction to mum to go up & down each section so I could find her. :mad: So, three walks around later, I found her. She'd ignored me & gone straight to the back, to the cake section :mad:

Bless her :p

She certainly got back in line after that, :rolleyes:, very meek :eek: Dinner was a bargain as I grabbed a reduced pack of loin chops for 82p :D:D:D

Quick. Tasty. Job done

I can't believe all I could find on rubbish TV was Short Circuit. Mum laughed through most if it. I'd forgotten how funny it was, though a little old now

She's gone to bed at last & I am winding down. No wonder I'm tired :rolleyes:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Had to smile Sam, your Mum to be found at the cake section:p
Back into dementia mode must be a bit frustrating after Ireland, take some deep breaths. I hope your not having to search for anything else.
Whenever Mum moves anything she always says "He did it" or "He told me to":eek: Have to laugh really I would appear to be totally outnumbered in this house but as Mum keeps telling me "They are a good crowd"

Slugsta so pleased to read your Mum was more alert the winking made me chuckle :p

Well I'm going to try and get back to sleep. Took Mum to the toilet at 2.30am after half an hour of fidgeting but I couldn't persuade her to go to the toilet any sooner so the whole process probably took 40mins which has left me wide awake and Mum blissfully back to sleep.:confused:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning Rosy :)

I did think of just heading straight to the cakes, but walked up & down the middle bit scanning both sides, should have known. It was the way she'd tried to bury the cakes under a loaf of bread & the lemons that got me :eek:

Still not found the tea spoons :( There were at least 10 in the pot, but now only 2 & 2 egg spoons??? It's making things a little difficult. They will turn up, but in the meantime :rolleyes::eek::confused:

At least your mum knows she moved things, mine asks why I always blame her. Let's see, only 2 of us here & it wasn't me, so ...., but no, it wasn't her. It's not so much that she moves things, but that she has no idea where she put it. I bought some shower gel yesterday, unpacked all the shopping, put my things to go upstairs to the bathroom in a pile & took the dog out. By the time I got back, the pile had been moved from the table to the work surface & the shower gel is missing :( Still not turned up o_O

Is the night time fight of the knickers getting any easier? It's got to be very disruptive for your sleep :(

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Hi
My mum continues to hide things and has meltdown when they cannot be found, because those people have obviously stolen them. I take the blame saying I've forgotten where I put them
I eventually find things, give them back to her. Give it a hour and she will come and say look what I found!
Naturally I congratulate her on her find.
Bless her.
A smile, but how this wicked disease does torture us. XX

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Rosy, I do hope you managed to get back to sleep (((hugs)))

I think you are all very mean, suggesting that your PWDs have moved things. It is obvious to me that you are all playing host to a family of Borrowers! :D

Not much happening here today, other than choir later.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi DollyBird

I'm forever putting keys back on the shelf, shoes by the stairs, handbag on her chair etc, so I know where they are, as I put them back in their proper place, it's ok. However, mum just moves things for the sake of it & it drives me nuts. Moving the pile to go upstairs from table to work surface being an example, but at least I could see them. The shower gel has still not appeared, so I'll be buying more :(

Her latest retort when I ask if she knows where something is, or if she might have moved it is "I live here too, am I not allowed to move anything?" I just wish she would tidy her things & not mine, but she doesn't notice her things being everywhere, only mine :mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tawn