So, what’s my Pauline been up to today?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Our Plateau of peace continues but not without incident of course but tomorrow will be interesting as it is DayCare time with ‘A Twist‘ as it were. I have a family (my side) funeral to attend and so can’t collect her and have asked one of her sons as other is on holiday and it is agreed but she has no idea and I won’t mention t until drop off time as I advise staff. Bet he doesn’t get the vitriol I usually get 😂.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
@Agzy

sorry to hear you have a funeral to go to.

I would be inclined not to tell Pauline at all. I would let her son pick her up and say you got held up and hence he rescued her…..you will no doubt pay for it tomorrow evening…but telling her as you leave may mean she doesn’t settle????

I don’t know what others think but my instinct.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Well yesterday went a lot better than expected and even I got a sort of kiss goodbye as she entered the daycare facility. She wasn’t actually happy but certainly has accepted attendance as part of life. After the funeral rather than go to the wake I came home and seemingly arrived minutes after her son had dropped her off which was a surprise as I expected him to at least stay with her a while but not judging him as she may have told him to go. One big surprise last night was when she noticed that the film ‘Whatever Happened to Baby Jane’ had recorded as she requested and so wanted to watch it again and did - all the way through and so a very late night 😆.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Recently we have been having a sort out of Paulines wardrobe as lots in there that will never be worn and so delivered several bags to local Age UK charity shop. As we did I asked her about me getting her some new short sleeved T-shirt vests instead of the long sleeved ones she favoures but she wasn’t keen. Anyway, notwithstanding that, I went online and ordered some really nice looking ones and did so in her name so that the parcel would be to her not me as is usual. The delight and looks of intrigue were amazing as she examined and then opened it and kept showing me her name on the label. She was really delighted with the vests as very good quality with pretty pattern around the neck. Lesson to self on inclusion methinks.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I went online and ordered some really nice looking ones and did so in her name so that the parcel would be to her not me as is usual. The delight and looks of intrigue were amazing as she examined and then opened it and kept showing me her name on the label.
Excellent ploy.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Recently we have been having a sort out of Paulines wardrobe as lots in there that will never be worn and so delivered several bags to local Age UK charity shop. As we did I asked her about me getting her some new short sleeved T-shirt vests instead of the long sleeved ones she favoures but she wasn’t keen. Anyway, notwithstanding that, I went online and ordered some really nice looking ones and did so in her name so that the parcel would be to her not me as is usual. The delight and looks of intrigue were amazing as she examined and then opened it and kept showing me her name on the label. She was really delighted with the vests as very good quality with pretty pattern around the neck. Lesson to self on inclusion methinks.
its all a learning curve. good pauline liked them. i bet it felt like her birthday

susiecol

May 8, 2024
Pauline is my partner of 27 years and they have been wonderful years in the main. Well the pre Alzheimer’s were. At the moment and indeed on and off over the past months it is me with the health issues and Pauline sharing my caring with mainly my youngest daughter and youngest son. As well as my family Paulines care is shred by her eldest son of three. While I have been in hospital and indeed when at home being nursed by District Nurses Pauline was thier uninvited assistant and sort of care giver to me although when not hooked onto IV drip 3 times a day I was partially mobile. She has been so wonderful and changed so much during this time I want to share our story as things develop. As with all posts feel free to drop in give advice if you wish and comment when you like. Hope it is ok to go ahead.
That's lovely ..get well soon