Mother's Day

Jenny11

Jul 18, 2022
Hi all,
Just wanted to pop in & give a huge hug to everyone who will face their first mother's day without their mum.

I had 17 months of my mum being in a nursing home, so the "not here" bit at home we did, but this is the first year I won't have to buy a card etc.

Not sure how I'm going to feel.
Jan

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi @Jenny11 - you'll think of the many many good years you had with your mum, and not the last few when she was unwell. And she'll be with you always, and as long as someone in the family remembers her.
I still think of my old mum even though she died nearly 30 years ago!
My children - well two out of three - will be with us for this year's mothering Sunday, and because of my OH's Alz's, they feel they lost her a few years ago! She'll probably be pleased to see them, may or may not recognise them, but that's how it is. She won't know about mothering Sunday, but will appreciate the flowers, I'm sure (as she used to love gardening).
Best wishes. Try not to over think things.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
How was it @Jenny11? You had so much dedication and love for your mum.

I’ve found Mothers Day hard since mum went into mid stage and I became mum!

I felt a weight from my shoulders once the day had finished!

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Jenny11 and I too hope the day passed with you perhaps remembering your Mum and the good times, although this will have been mixed with a lot of sadness too.

Last year was the first year for me not having to buy a card and flowers for my Mum.... felt very strange indeed. Also seemed to be bombarded with emails from companies promoting Mother's day gifts..which didn't help. I have now opted out of these, having been given the opportunity by some of them.
Anyway just wanted to say I hope the day passed with some happy memories too. Take care.

MowgliGirl02

Feb 20, 2022
Hey @Jenny11 Mother’s Day will never be the same for me again. My brilliant, kind, Caring, best friend as well as my mother passed away on Mother’s Day this year. I am her only child. I can’t imagine my world without her, but I also find it apt that she passed on mother’s day, as in my eyes she was the best mother in the world. I miss her terribly.
So not only going forward will I have to deal with Mother’s Day without her, but the thought that she left me on Mothering Sunday too.
My heart is heavy, but I’m sending love to everyone who is going through this with me.
remember you are never alone. ❤️

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
I spent Mothers Day tending my mum's grave, along with my grandparents graves on both sides of my family.
I just wanted peace after Mum died in October.
I found it really calming. Daffodils were everywhere. Loads of relatives were visiting graves.

My parents headstone has just been erected with Mums name added on. I put, Together Forever Dancing with Daffodils. Dad died when i was in primary school. Many years ago. Mum outlived him by years and years. She was super strong. But its nice she is now with him. Nice the daffodils are up everywhere. I had daffs drawn on my parents headstone. They loved these beautiful flowers. Loved Wordsworth's Daffodil poem.

On her grave a placed new daffodils on Mothers Day.
It was a beautiful day. The Sun was shining.

I find its important to reflect. Do what feels rights. Not rush. Not compare myself with anyone else.
It worked.
I felt a day I dreaded, became a day i will cherish. 💐Hoping you all find something that makes special days special again. Xxx