Witness statement

Starling girl

Registered User
Feb 2, 2021
Hello all
My brother and I are deputies for my aunt who has Alzheimers and has been in care since last March. We need to apply to the court of protection to sell her house. I have the forms COP 1, COP1E, and COP24.
In this case, how do you set out the witness statement? what do you need to include? and which exhibits? am a bit exhausted with form filling.
Many thanks


Registered User
Apr 6, 2011
My guess is that three statements are needed, something along lines of:
  1. <Aunt> owns <property details> Exhibit A land registry entry attached
  2. She is permanent residential care and has no further need of property Exhibit B proof of need for residential care attached
  3. I am Court of Protection Deputy for <Aunt> and will be acting on her behalf Exhibit C copy of deputy order attached.
I may be wrong, others who have successfully completed COP in similar circumstances may be along soon.

You could ask the AS help line if above is correct.


Registered User
Jun 6, 2020
We had to do this for MIL & FIL - I agree with @nitram's answers.

We started section 4 with - Answers , where applicable , to section 5 of Practice Direction 9F.