Virgin London Marathon 2010 - Thanks from Stephanie

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi All,

Stephanie wanted me to send a personal thank you to all those that sponsored her for the London Marathon. Your generous donations managed to raise £3,736.36, more than we ever hoped for.

Stephanie would also like to thank the people at the Society for their brilliant support and enthusiasm, particularly Andy Sallow. He even sent us buckets and balloons to help raise money at our daughters school - we had a big cake sale and raised over £160 for sponsorship. All the support from everyone really helped.

The race day went well as the weather was not as predicted (sunny but thankfully not too hot). Stephanie managed to run the course in 4:39. 26.2 miles in 4hrs 39 minutes!

She must have been running too fast as we missed her at various point en-route but after the run people from the society took the runners to a hotel in the west end for a post-run massage, drinks and even more pasta. Great meeting spot to catch up.

It was a great day and I know dad would have been as proud as I am. Like many of the runners on the day, it is the person and cause that you are running for that keeps you going, not just the adrenaline and finish line.

Kind Regards
Craig
steph.jpg

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloJb