Questions About Dementia - my husband is in deniaL

Suzysheep01

Jan 14, 2023
Current question: do dementia sufferers frequently resort to “whistling” throughout the day when they have never been whistlers before (he is 79)?
Mum doesn’t whistle, but she’s taken to singing little ditties. It’s rather cute!

Deeds

Feb 6, 2024
Central Virginia
Mum doesn’t whistle, but she’s taken to singing little ditties. It’s rather cute!
Same for my whistling…at least right now…it is not offensive. Just seems interesting and I was curious whether or not it is common. Hubby does his singing along with music playing. 😊 Thanks. Deeds

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Strange how my wife used to be able to remember the lyrics to songs, didn't know who I was even though we've been together since the mid 1970s.
Possibly the whistling is a similar thing, assuming it's a tune he's whistling. K

Deeds

Feb 6, 2024
Central Virginia
Strange how my wife used to be able to remember the lyrics to songs, didn't know who I was even though we've been together since the mid 1970s.
Possibly the whistling is a similar thing, assuming it's a tune he's whistling. K
I agree. The things remembered AND forgotten are strange indeed….as well as how different that pattern seems to be for each individual. Like you, we have been together a long, long, l-o-n-g (60 years) and I am so amazed at what is remembered now that his brain is so askew. Deeds