This is pure torture for Mum!

MowgliGirl02

Feb 20, 2022
We were told on Monday that mum had reached the end of life stage, and in truth, however much it hurt, and my god it hurt! I felt that it was the right decision. Mum hadn’t made any improvements in over two weeks, she had one day in which she was lucid, but since then been unconscious / sleeping.
Today is Saturday and my warrior is still with me. She’s sleeping, her breathing is a little fast, but still regular, her mouth is permanently open.
I tell her every day, that I love her, and I thank her. I tell her she’s the best mum in the world, and it’s okay if she is ready to go Then she can go.
She’s still here. We spend ten plus hours with her, but leave her at night so I can try and get sleep.
My heart is with everyone in this limbo stage, I’m stuck in quicksand and I can’t get out of it. I want her to be not suffering anymore, but the thought of being without her is killing me.
To everyone like me, stay strong and remember you are not alone.

Luzka

Mar 9, 2024
We were told on Monday that mum had reached the end of life stage, and in truth, however much it hurt, and my god it hurt! I felt that it was the right decision. Mum hadn’t made any improvements in over two weeks, she had one day in which she was lucid, but since then been unconscious / sleeping.
Today is Saturday and my warrior is still with me. She’s sleeping, her breathing is a little fast, but still regular, her mouth is permanently open.
I tell her every day, that I love her, and I thank her. I tell her she’s the best mum in the world, and it’s okay if she is ready to go Then she can go.
She’s still here. We spend ten plus hours with her, but leave her at night so I can try and get sleep.
My heart is with everyone in this limbo stage, I’m stuck in quicksand and I can’t get out of it. I want her to be not suffering anymore, but the thought of being without her is killing me.
You're so brave and I'm with you 🤗 I also care for my mother and feel what you are going through.. thanks for sharing xx

AlexB70

Dec 31, 2023
You are right, this is exactly how my Mum was. I played her some music on her last night and although she couldn't hold my hand any more, I felt she could hear it. I wish you and your Mum comfort and peace x

sue31

Oct 2, 2023
Medway
So sorry! We were the same. Scared to go home at night incase she needed us (probably unlikely but our minds in overdrive) Mum just laid propped up eyes glazed, sometimes closed & mouth open. We could only give the the twiddle stick things with like a gel on it as her mouth was so dry. The odd word said when the hospice staff repositioned her.
Our only comfort was she was pain free & comfortable.
When the end came it was so quick, she literally did a couple of raspy breaths & was gone.
Two weeks on and I still can’t really believe it.
Take care of yourself. You’re doing amazing!