Text Donations

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I have a couple of old phones that I don't use with a few pounds on, is there a way I can donate the money on them to Alzheimers Society I looked on the Just Giving but can't find a way to text donate ,

I also looked on this site in the donations part and couldn't find anything, I remember seeing on TV at Christmas how you could text donations to some charities and wondered if you could do it to this one ,

Last edited:

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi Jeany,

I don't know but I'll try to find out and will let you know.

Have moved this discussion to our 'Fundraising' forum. :)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Just A Idea

Hello Jeany , Read this earlier but was in rush for the Bus ! ..... & just thought of this idea if Serena is not able to find the answer for you , how about finding out a Simler Chartiy either Local or National ..... E G ...... Age Uk or a Dementia Research type Charity ?

Have never Txted donations my self ..... gave my old Phone to the Brownie / Guide collection :) in my Town ...... The money goes to improve our Local Pack Holiday & Leader Training Centre ( BIG Improvements )

Sorry not much help & hope you can Txt to the Charity you choose

Love Grove x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Grove some good ideas there I want to keep one of the phones as a spare, I put some really old ones lying around the house in a air ambulance bag that came through the door,

Thank you Celia thats a good idea I will give half and leave the rest for when I find a dementia charity i can give it to,

Jeany x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Polly I got a contract this time and get free calls and texts so really don't need to use my old phones one which I have £16 pounds on and one with about 7 so they may as well go to a good cause I wonder how many other people have done that and the money is just lying there when it could be text to a charity x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hi I found this

http://www.dementiauk.org/donate/single-donation/

Perhaps the Alzheimers Society should put a way of making text donations in place, some of my family and friends have money just sitting on their old phone once they buy a new mobile and enter an all inclusive contract, I am sure a lot of other people do as well, it is a really easy way to give,

Jeany

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Well done !

Well done Jeany in finding Dementia Uk :) am pleased you have found a Dementia Charity that you can Txt your dontion to ........ Think ( :confused: ) its later this year that my Town & area is going to have a special Admiral Nurse ..... its going to be a 2 way funding with money coming from the Big Health Lottery & Dementia Uk :) ...... The Nurse will be working closely with the new Dementia Support Group ....... This is fab news for us & it can only improve the lifes of the cared for ( & the Carer 's as well of course )

Love Grove x x