Struggling

lisamichelle

Feb 19, 2024
Hi
My name is Lisa and I am a healthcare professional, single mum to a 5 year old and my mum has vascular dementia and Alzheimer's and I am really struggling.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @lisamichelle and welcome to the Forum. You will find this to be a helpful and friendly community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. You can ask questions, join in with conversations, share with people who truly understand and let off steam when you need to. I hope that we can give you the support that you need to see you through.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I'll bet you thought that being a health professional would mean that you would be able to cope, eh? Unfortunately, once it is your own family that is affected, professional experience counts for nothing - we have several health professionals on here, yet they have all said the same. Its the emotional baggage thats the problem, plus the fact that there can be problems at any time night or day, so you dont get to the end of your shift/working day and put your feet up.

Caring for someone with dementia is much harder than people anticipate. We all understand
xx

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
Hello, please get as much help and advice as possible. Social services, your mum's doctor, do you have a mental health nurse at a memory clinic. A full time job and a small child is a challenge in itself. We all struggle most days, keep asking for help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFrazer