Night time

Sally6115

Oct 31, 2023
My dad is very restless at night, especially when he knows that I’m sitting in the living room watching the telly after he and my mum have gone to bed.
He keeps coming in and out wanting to sit in there with me instead of being in the bedroom
can anybody tell me if it’s because I’m sitting in there and he wants to see what I’m doing
it’s becoming very difficult to get him to go back to bed, he has been in here tonight between 7-9pm five times and keeps trying to get mum to come in too
what can I do

chickenlady

Feb 28, 2016
My dad is very restless at night, especially when he knows that I’m sitting in the living room watching the telly after he and my mum have gone to bed.
He keeps coming in and out wanting to sit in there with me instead of being in the bedroom
can anybody tell me if it’s because I’m sitting in there and he wants to see what I’m doing
it’s becoming very difficult to get him to go back to bed, he has been in here tonight between 7-9pm five times and keeps trying to get mum to come in too
what can I do
I'd try a regular bedtime regime, such as hot drink, quiet half hour before going to bedroom etc. It may just be that he's not tired, maybe he's napping too much in the afternoon, or simply needs less sleep.