London Marathon

davidspd

Jan 18, 2010
It's that time of year again, and I always say "next year i'll do it". Well now I have a cause to run for as Mum passed away on 5th March.

For those of you that have run for Alzheimer's before, do they offer any training support, or is it all left up to you?

Thanks

ETA: The only running i've done up to now if for the bus!

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
The partner of one of our Moderators, Craig, is running this year. I know Craig may not be around much for the next few days, but I'm sure he can clue you in when he gets back.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi David,

They give the most excellent support. Cannot recommend them enough. Even though Stephanie had a ballot place, Andy Sallow and his team helped Stephanie with training (they had a big training day at the main office), fund-raising tips and best of all on the day. After the run people from the society took the runners to a hotel in the west end for a post-run massage, drinks and even more pasta. This also gave a great meeting spot for family and friends. The team were also at two spots around the race to cheer runners.

Like many of the staff at the Alzheimer's Society, the team are really enthusiastic and helpful. Can't fault them.

Oh and Stephanie has just about recovered, she even managed to run for a bus the other day :D Don't let that put you off though David :)

Kind Regards
Craig

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloJb