It's the Great North Run tomorrow, and I'm proud to be running for Alzheime's Society

ailyn2611

Jul 18, 2005
Leeds, Uk
Is anyone else here doing it???

I can't tell you how excited I am!!! I'm one of many running the Great North Run Half Marathon tomorrow to raise funds for Alzheimer's Society. I can't believe the amount of support I have received so far in terms of sponsorship, from friends and families, and also from people I never met!!! A BIG THANK YOU all!!!

Soooo excited!!!

You can follow how my GNR training has been and pictures on http://www.twitter.com/AiLyn_T
My story is also on http://www.justgiving.com/Ai-Lyn-Tan

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I know I will :D

X

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
It is absolutely amazing how much effort and money the British Public will put into sponsored events. Well done you!!

My son and his girlfriend have just done a 'coast to coast' charity bike ride from Whitehaven to the Northumberland coast. It took three days and someone had arranged overnight accommodation for them. My son's girlfriend refused to sleep in the caravan arranged at one overnight stop because it had spiders in it. She 'slept' in a car instead. They had to dip their back wheels into the sea at Whitehaven and their front wheels into the sea in Northumberland. What a lovely tradition! I wonder when it first started?

xxTinaT

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Hi Ailyn

Hope today's run went really well for you!

I started running a few months ago, after I signed myself up for the Women's 5k challenge in Hyde park. This time I ran for Breast cancer campaign, for my lovely friend Zoe. I do plan to do something for Alzheimer's Society though.

Last Sunday, I ran 4 out of the 5k, and I intend to carry on running.

next summer, my husband is planning on swimming the length of Lake Windermere for Alzheimers Society and British Heart Foundation.

Well done you!!!!!! You never know....maybe next year I'll join you, if you do it again!! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaffacake104